OC and DC replacement discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Two things:

Jeremy Pruitt

He was in his late 20s, in his first college job, under a HC who was his father-in-law. Incredible pressure to remain quiet.
i assume you are talking about Lebby and forgot to post what you were about Pruitt. Because Pruitt got married while at FSU.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
i assume you are talking about Lebby and forgot to post what you were about Pruitt. Because Pruitt got married while at FSU.
Regarding JP: He was talking about integrity.

You’re right, I was talking about Lebby and trying to explain the difficult situation he was in. IDK the extent of his involvement, but if silence was all, I could easily give him a pass.

Reactions: 81usaf92 and Con

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

You’re right, I was talking about Lebby and trying to explain the difficult situation he was in. IDK the extent of his involvement, but if silence was all, I could easily give him a pass.
A reason why we should avoid mixing family and business.
I had a boss who, despite company policy forbidding it, hired his wife.
Every group pathology you can imagine ensued. It was like they were trying to validate the "don't hire a family member" policy.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah. There is plenty to dig up about JP if someone really wants to dating back to Hoover. And much of it I honestly don’t think the excuse of “Well Rush told him to do it” really works. The same goes for his time with Tennessee.
Yeah. Without much to go on I don’t know how much one can really throw stones at Lebby without definitively knowing. I think back to Schiano, in that Tennessee tried to say he was involved with the Sandusky cover up because he was on staff but when you actually research it he had nothing to do with it.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yeah. There is plenty to dig up about JP if someone really wants to dating back to Hoover. And much of it I honestly don’t think the excuse of “Well Rush told him to do it” really works. The same goes for his time with Tennessee.
I was living in Hoover and had kids in the Hoover System at the time. Plenty on and off the field. It always concerned me that, during his tenure(s) at Alabama he might do something really stupid (like at UT). The guy is one heck of a defensive coach, but he has more baggage than American Tourister.

Last edited:

DanoCanuck

3rd Team
Feb 5, 2020
I was living in Hoover and had kids in the Hoover System at the time. Plenty on and off the field. It always concerned me that, during his tenure(s) at Alabama he might do something really stupid (like at UT). The guy is one heck of a defensive coach, but he has more baggage than American Tourister.
Me too and I was close enough to observe some of the shenanigans and heard much more. I don’t think it was unique to Hoover though. Propst didn’t worry that much about keeping things quiet. He thought he was untouchable and it rubbed off on Pruitt.

Reactions: 81usaf92

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, that was a coffee through the nose experience. Samsonite would have been clever but American Tourister is next level! Great post.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is by far the most intriguing thread on the board until something breaks. Obviously, there are reasons for the delay. Anyone care to speculate? Think Coach has a line of folks mulling it over and a deadline for each? I mean, we have capable OC and DC on staff if we swing for the fences and miss but I just get the feeling this is all part of the plan somehow. Also, I think just getting Jeremy on campus in any capacity will be good news for us.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss and Con

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This is by far the most intriguing thread on the board until something breaks. Obviously, there are reasons for the delay. Anyone care to speculate? Think Coach has a line of folks mulling it over and a deadline for each? I mean, we have capable OC and DC on staff if we swing for the fences and miss but I just get the feeling this is all part of the plan somehow. Also, I think just getting Jeremy on campus in any capacity will be good news for us.
I honestly don't know. But I honestly can't remember how long of a time existed in between the leaving and arriving of other coordinators. Does anyone remember? @selmaborntidefan?

I know that our culture expects things to happen instantly. In general, we aren't patient. Multiply this times 1000 for TideFans.

We wanted to know yesterday!!!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I'd not be surprised if we know something just after signing day. That would be my guess.

But I also wouldn't be shocked if we didn't hear anything regarding OC until after the Superb Owl (Feb 12th).
When is Spring Practice scheduled to begin? I would think we would want them on site at least 6 weeks before that...depending on how much they know about our systems.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'd not be surprised if we know something just after signing day. That would be my guess.

But I also wouldn't be shocked if we didn't hear anything regarding OC until after the Superb Owl (Feb 12th).
Holy Frijoles man the superb owl is 2 weeks away! Guess we have to criticize how long this is taking until we find out so we can criticize the hire. They are two totally different things you know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.