OC and DC replacement discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Same tune - fact based - but the information I've received - from the same source - has changed. It has been quality info all along. There was a significant change in direction earlier today. He's our next DC.
You know, there is a part of me that has this weird curiosity that would love to hear what bull manure you come up as being a “significant change in direction”, but I have a feeling that if you did then we would miss the next big strikeout you have when nothing happens on January 31st. Plus we already know your source…

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You know, there is a part of me that has this weird curiosity that would love to hear what bull manure you come up as being a “significant change in direction”, but I have a feeling that if you did then we would miss the next big strikeout you have when nothing happens on January 31st. Plus we already know your source…
Magic 8 ball?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Apparently Pruitt bought a truck in Fort Payne. Some guy tweets the pic from Facebook and Lane Kiffin retweets with a “RTR” and I’ve got a guy sending me the stuff saying it’s CONFIRMED 🤦🏻‍♂️
Should be a lot of people losing weight out there with all the conclusions they are jumping to.

why do people feel the need to be the first to break a story at the risk of looking like an idiot when they are dead wrong? Is this THAT big a deal? Seriously! When we are told something official by the school then it’s official.
Personally I hope there is no announcement and people keep freaking out about it for weeks.

Reactions: seebell

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Right now, many people are restless with the lack of news since Golding has left. Something many have been waiting for 5 years. Now it has become public knowledge that Pruitt is more likely than not going to be back on staff. Many people who aren’t connected or don’t do their research
are waiting for this to be over so bad that any time some idiot who posts something is imminent they take it to the bank. For the last few weeks there has been a rumor going around the web about how that we would know Pruitt’s fate with the NCAA on Tuesday. But we find out that that date more likely sometime in April. Now the rumors are that he will be announced tomorrow or Monday as DC. If something is happening that fast then people like Low, Orr, and guys with serious connections would be posting it. The point being is that we really don’t know about Pruitt.

Also consider that many verifiable sources like Chris Low, Orr, and one particular insider on here (who is posting on another site) all still believe there is still alot of things that are unknown about hiring him with the NCAA’s ruling hanging over head. Those opinions are still current as of today after everyone started googling Fort Payne Chevy dealerships.

Honestly I don’t think many really know anything other than Pruitt is going to be on staff at this point.
How would one do reliable research on something that no one who has reliable information is talking about?

Anyone who says they know is hoping that (1) their spitballing is right, and (2) if it’s wrong, nobody remembers.

If you make enough predictions, it’s a mathematical certainty that one of them will be right. Does that make you a genius? No. It makes you a clock with randomly spinning hands.

Clockwise or counterclockwise doesn’t matter. Eventually, you’ll have the right time, and you’re betting that the 8,500 previous wrong “bank it” predictions will fade into nothingness.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWiser and seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How would one do reliable research on something that no one who has reliable information is talking about?

Anyone who says they know is hoping that (1) their spitballing is right, and (2) if it’s wrong, nobody remembers.

If you make enough predictions, it’s a mathematical certainty that one of them will be right. Does that make you a genius? No. It makes you a clock with randomly spinning hands.

Clockwise or counterclockwise doesn’t matter. Eventually, you’ll have the right time, and you’re betting that the 8,500 previous wrong “bank it” predictions will fade into nothingness.
predictions are not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about just making up facts. In this case the NCAA investigation on Pruitt.

Lately we have been hearing and seeing alot half truths, non truths, and unrelated things that are being used in place of facts being used to talk about this investigation.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I knew Wake Forest's offense has been very good for a while, but I didn't know much about Ruggiero until recently. He was a head coach at a small school for a while but I believe he is on record of saying that he isn't interested in a head coaching position. If Saban is interested in a quality OC and stability, he seems to fit the bill. He makes $738,000 a year at WF. He would probably have a hefty salary increase at Bama. His very good QB Sam Hartman is transferring to Notre Dame. I remember seeing that "slow mesh" and thought it was a miscommunication between the QB and back. His hire would be intriguing.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I looked into the crystal ball and I see Warren Ruggiero as OC and Pruitt as DC. Of course, the Jack Daniels may have slightly affected my vision.
I looked into my crystal ball and saw Warren Zevon and Jeremiah the bullfrog. Don’t think it was the whiskey messing with my vision. Probably was due to several “lost days” at Woodstock in August of 1969……

Ronald says BH is careful about rumors :rolleyes:
Ha. While I think his analysis is just fan-level, he's pretty good at labeling rumors rumors. So, for example, he got the Pete Golding to Ole Miss thing right several days before it happened but simultaneously told us the report was based on a lot of rumors coming from Ole Miss circles.

Reactions: Tidelines
I only pay attention to it in terms of “is Alabama still recruiting on a high level or what is perceived to be a high level” yeah recruiting rankings aren’t full proof but I still think they mean something.
The Athletic's Ari Wasserman has built a whole schtick, including a podcast, around the idea that Stars Matter. His point, which seems unassailable and is borne out looking at results, is that, while a given 5-star or 4-star might be a bust and a given 2- or 3-star might turn out to be a Heisman contender, those things average out. So, if you recruit a roster of blue chip prospects, enough of them will pan out to give you a chance whereas there's almost no way of winning with a roster full of 3-stars.

Apparently Pruitt bought a truck in Fort Payne. Some guy tweets the pic from Facebook and Lane Kiffin retweets with a “RTR” and I’ve got a guy sending me the stuff saying it’s CONFIRMED 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hey, they will only sell you a truck in Fort Payne if you're going to be coaching at Alabama. That's a strange business model but it is what it is.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It is obvious to many of us that Bama has way too many games that will be a toss up in 2023 and equally obvious that one coach could make a singular difference in the outcome of several games. That is Jeremy Pruitt. Good reason for the apprehension and impatience!

It is obvious to many of us that Bama has way too many games that will be a toss up in 2023 and equally obvious that one coach could make a singular difference in the outcome of several games. That is Jeremy Pruitt. Good reason for the apprehension and impatience!
Pruitt is the surest bet, in that he's had success here before and knows what he's getting into with Saban. But there are plenty of other hires, most notably Leonard and Schumman, that I'd be happy with.

Honestly, it's just the nature of the off-season. There are 9 months of no football and yet we're anxious for something to talk about. The NFL has managed to become a year-round sport by making the Combine the draft, free agency, training camp, and then the preseason games spread out enough to always give fans something to look forward to. It's harder in college, although the two signing periods and two portal transfer windows have helped. The coaching hot stove is just icing on the cake.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The Athletic's Ari Wasserman has built a whole schtick, including a podcast, around the idea that Stars Matter. His point, which seems unassailable and is borne out looking at results, is that, while a given 5-star or 4-star might be a bust and a given 2- or 3-star might turn out to be a Heisman contender, those things average out. So, if you recruit a roster of blue chip prospects, enough of them will pan out to give you a chance whereas there's almost no way of winning with a roster full of 3-stars.
I’ve been saying that for a long time. Any individual might be a bust or a surprise break out star. But when the law of large numbers kicks in, stars matter a lot.

A great parallel is standardized test scores vs. actual academic performance.

We all know kids who made a 25 on the ACT, studied hard, spent hours upon hours in the library or lab, and ended up as honors students. We also know kids who made 32 on the ACT, lazed around, partied, didn’t go to class and flunked out.

But take a room full of 32s, and the academic performance taken as a whole will run circles around a room full of 25s.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.