OC and DC replacement discussion

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I’m chuckling to myself. So some of the Oklahoma “talking heads” are spinning the “Lebby to Alabama” (or Georgia if Monken decides to head to the NFL) as “Saban and Smart see what Venables is doing here. This is about getting Lebby so they can “cut the legs” out from under the Oklahoma program. Venables has us on the cusp of getting back to national prominence”.

In other words Georgia and Alabama are “skeered” of us now.

CNS laying awake at night worrying about the sleeping giant and Venables in Norman.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Those of us who struggle with spelling can appreciate modern spell checkers, siri, etc. The problem now I run into is sometimes I'm not even close enough to the correct spelling to get the right suggestive word!
It could be worse, due to being raised in the southern culture and dialect, I've always struggled with grammar, so the Lord blessed me by sending me a wife whose mom is a retired grammar teacher to help me for the last 22+ years. :sick:

Others have stated their concern over the upcoming season in terms of this being potentially a four loss season. It is perhaps the most challenging season for CNS since 2008 with the loss of Bryce Young and no experienced QB to replace him plus replacing OC and DC.
This team wouldn't lose four games with me as the OC and you as the DC. They could fire Saban and bring back Shula and we'd win 9 games. :ROFLMAO:

Bryce was a special talent, no doubt. So were Tua and Jalen. But we've won national titles under Saban with the likes of Mac Jones, Jake Coker, AJ McCarron, and Greg McElroy under center. I'll take my chances with Ty Simpson and whoever Saban picks to call the plays.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Those of us who struggle with spelling can appreciate modern spell checkers, siri, etc. The problem now I run into is sometimes I'm not even close enough to the correct spelling to get the right suggestive word!
When all else fails I just speak a word into my phone...but then the laughing starts...I hate you Siri!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Opinions are opinions - everybody has one and we all know how they smell.
If you relay something you know from someone you trust, saying it exactly that way gives you room if your source is wrong.
However- when you say something with the “Bank it” force of assuredness, there’s really no walking that back if it turns out to be incorrect.
“Reportedly” or “Reliable sources “ are all good qualifiers and provide “some” cover ; “Bank it” gives none, if erroneous. The way it makes the poster look is relative; in this day and age, being “first” is to “show” like being “correct” is to “substance”. It attracts immediate attention and in this “ADD” age, is more important to some.
I was “one of the first” on here to say BoB was going to the Pats; I had no way of knowing for sure, and more than a few others on here looked at the situation the same as I did and came to the same conclusion- some I’m sure sooner than I did. Would I have bet on it? With odds, probably. Would I bet on JP being DC? Maybe, but I’d need higher odds.
2-1 would’ve worked for BoB, but I think I’d need maybe 4-1 for JP, considering both personal situations and potential candidates.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This team wouldn't lose four games with me as the OC and you as the DC. They could fire Saban and bring back Shula and we'd win 9 games. :ROFLMAO:

Bryce was a special talent, no doubt. So were Tua and Jalen. But we've won national titles under Saban with the likes of Mac Jones, Jake Coker, AJ McCarron, and Greg McElroy under center. I'll take my chances with Ty Simpson and whoever Saban picks to call the plays.
This will be me picking nits I suppose but I'd lump Mac in with Bryce and Tua as our Best 3 QB's ever.... easily. Junior and Senior season version Jalen Hurts is right there too if things would have worked out different.

Here are Mac's 2020 Stats:

311 for 402 (77.4% - 1st NCAA - All Time Record) for 4,500 Yards (1st NCAA) 11.2 YPA (1st NCAA) for 41 TD's (2nd NCAA) and 4 INt's w/ a 203.06 QBR (1st NCAA - All Time Record)

He's also in the Top 3-5 of just about every single major Career and Single season Alabama Passing category.

I know most won't agree with what I'm about to say and I'm not trying to slight Tua or Bryce but on a Fantasy All-Time Alabama team I'm putting 2020 Mac Jones in as my Starting QB.

He's not fleet of foot like Bryce and Tua but he's super mobile IN the Pocket thanks to his Tennis Background.

But his Accuracy, Pre and Post Snap processing, Deep Ball, and Durability are unrivaled imo.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Ok, so now I’m watching the Finebaum show, maybe he has something on the coordinators. So far it’s just Coach Bryant stuff.

Watching 5 minutes, now, get to starting Dain Bramage.

• Haha
Reactions: rolltide7854

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I think what is happening among us Bama faithful is this: We sense this is may be the last reorienting of coaches for CNS before he makes another push for a National Championship. Obviously we want him to be successful and that makes these coaching hires a little more important.

Reactions: REBELZED and Con

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think what is happening among us Bama faithful is this: We sense this is may be the last reorienting of coaches for CNS before he makes another push for a National Championship. Obviously we want him to be successful and that makes these coaching hires a little more important.
when I began reading, I thought you were leading to ‘ the last Coordinators hires before Coach retires‘ . I don’t believe that for a second. Maybe second to last, but am confident with the talent accumulated and the Head Coach, I am more concerned with the starting QB For 2023.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
when I began reading, I thought you were leading to ‘ the last Coordinators hires before Coach retires‘ . I don’t believe that for a second. Maybe second to last, but aim confident with the talent accumulated and the Head Coach, I am more concerned with the starting QB For 2023.
You could be right about CNS. I remember him saying in an interview one time that it scares him to death about retiring from coaching. He added the comment that Miss Terry wouldn’t know what to do with him around the house all the time.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Just got the word, Finebaum just said Pruitt to Alabama is in bad shape. JL is staying at OU. TIFWIW.

Ha ha , Finebaum, HaHa

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.