OC and DC replacement discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Hope y’all don’t mind me not going back 12 pages since I checked Thursday (gone all day yesterday), but what happened to the Pruitt rumors circulating this past week?
Well a lot of Bama rumors start from two sites in particular. Tiderinsider and Rant. TI used to be an internet goldmine for leaks and info on Alabama, but either Rodney has lowered his standards and let’s any bull crap rumor fly unchallenged or just more idiots found out the yearly fee isn’t that unreasonable.

In the last few weeks a guy has gone on there mimicking the handle of a previously verified insider (who doesn’t post there anymore). He is being saying alot of crap that isn’t verifiable and then will suddenly say “the situation has changed and now this imminent” once everyone knows he was wrong. That’s where 90% of these rumors are actually coming from and you have attention hounds like Stephen M Smith pushing it out there as “their source”

Anyways. What I’m confident in saying is that Pruitt is most likely on staff this coming season, and it’s to the point that I would be shocked if he wasn’t. But I think there are a lot of unknowns about the NCAA to really say that “he is the DC”. I could honestly see Armstrong, Grantham, or Leonhard being DC just as much as Pruitt at this point.

What I’m basically saying is that people should be thankful that this is a well moderated site that doesn’t let a bunch of nonsense rumors spiral out of control. Because as you can see… they create alot of false hope and negativity amongst fans.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Been there for some time now.

These hires will likely determine how Saban ends his career. I'm hopeful, but the last hires he made for OC and DC were unsatisfying, and considering how long it took CNS to determine the Gol*ing experiment wasn't working is... unnerving...
I'm not sure CNS ever determined Golding was not working out. He liked Golding, and thought he was doing a good job, according to all I've heard. I think Pete would still be with us, if Ole Miss hadn't hired him away. But you may be right, as I didn't see CNS and Alabama do anything to keep Golding in T-Town.
They should let us fans know what goes on behind closed doors!

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
I'm not sure CNS ever determined Golding was not working out. He liked Golding, and thought he was doing a good job, according to all I've heard. I think Pete would still be with us, if Ole Miss hadn't hired him away. But you may be right, as I didn't see CNS and Alabama do anything to keep Golding in T-Town.
My feeling is that Coach Saban thought Golding was/is the next Kirby Smart. A young protégé to train up, and when it all clicks he would be one of the really good/great ones. Also, you don’t have to worry about him being hired out from under you, at least for a while. Just my two cents.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Well a lot of Bama rumors start from two sites in particular. Tiderinsider and Rant. TI used to be an internet goldmine for leaks and info on Alabama, but either Rodney has lowered his standards and let’s any bull crap rumor fly unchallenged or just more idiots found out the yearly fee isn’t that unreasonable.

In the last few weeks a guy has gone on there mimicking the handle of a previously verified insider (who doesn’t post there anymore). He is being saying alot of crap that isn’t verifiable and then will suddenly say “the situation has changed and now this imminent” once everyone knows he was wrong. That’s where 90% of these rumors are actually coming from and you have attention hounds like Stephen M Smith pushing it out there as “their source”

Anyways. What I’m confident in saying is that Pruitt is most likely on staff this coming season, and it’s to the point that I would be shocked if he wasn’t. But I think there are a lot of unknowns about the NCAA to really say that “he is the DC”. I could honestly see Armstrong, Grantham, or Leonhard being DC just as much as Pruitt at this point.

What I’m basically saying is that people should be thankful that this is a well moderated site that doesn’t let a bunch of nonsense rumors spiral out of control. Because as you can see… they create alot of false hope and negativity amongst fans.
Well done

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm going to be really shocked (and really disappointed) if the DC situation isn't one of Schumann or Leonhard or Pruitt (if he's able to be hired).

There's no good reason other than Pruitt's status that we shouldn't be able to get one of those names.

I really have no clue how the OC situation will play out but from the names out there I prefer either Lebby or Brian Johnson.

If we end up with Dooley and Grantham I'm not sure I can watch much of next season.... not that it will happen but I can't go through another season of subpar coaching from mediocre coaches that just flat WASTES our Talent level.

With great hires the Sky is the limit next year.... 15-0 is on the table.

With poor hires we could lose 4-6 games because we have too much to fix on both sides of the ball from BoB and Golding and Bryce won't be around to bail the team out.

These will be the 2 most important hires of the last several years because if CNS gets it right this run has 3-5 years left and if he gets it wrong....like real wrong.... it's over.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm going to be really shocked (and really disappointed) if the DC situation isn't one of Schumann or Leonhard or Pruitt (if's he's able to be hired).

There's no good reason other than Pruitt's status that we shouldn't be able to get one of those names.

I really have no clue how the OC situation will play out but from the names out there I prefer either Lebby or Brian Johnson.

If we end up with Dooley and Grantham I'm not sure I can watch much of next season.... not that it will happen but I can't go through another season of subpar coaching from mediocre coaches that just flat WASTES our Talent level.

With great hires the Sky is the limit next year.... 15-0 is on the table.

With poor hires we could lose 4-6 games because we have too much to fix on both sides of the ball from BoB and Golding and Bryce won't be around to bail the team out.

These will be the 2 most important hires of the last several years because if CNS gets it right this run has 3-5 years left and if he gets it wrong....like real wrong.... it's over.

I hope we get either Schumann, Leonhard, or Pruitt too. Really hope it is not Grantham. Saban and Alabama.... should be able to get the best of the best because it is the GOAT at Bama. I wonder if the search is becoming a bit more difficult (if it really is) because coordinators would rather not "run Saban's defense" and "have more demanding work hours than other schools and less time with family". Seems to me, even though these 2 things may be a factor, that a coach would still want to work for Saban for a few years to help his resume. If it is Grantham, that may be worse than Golding. lol.

I'd just like for Bama to win at least 1 more National Championship before Coach Saban is no longer able to coach anymore. I think he coaches for at least 4 more years, if not longer. He needs the best OC/DC there is, not average ones like the past 2 years.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The sire sign that Saban knows something is wrong are the number of guys coming in with Kirby ties after he left Bama.

Also, these hires could potentially be a coordinator assembling his staff. Lot of Lanning/Kirby flavor.

I will add that 25 players signed with Georgia during the early signing period, so if Saban is waiting until after Signing Day to announce, it’s probably not Schuman.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hmmm, can't find anything on this. Maybe Coach thinks the staff lost it's sense of humor and is bringing Jake back.

Reactions: jabcmb

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I came to TideFans as a refugee from Tider Insider. Hard to believe it’s been so long, but back in 2004 I declined to renew my subscription due to the exact stuff you cite. The poster-on-poster attacks could get both vicious and highly personal, and unsubstantiated rumors abounded.

I begged the owner to get a tighter grip on the content, and we had some email back and forth about it. Essentially, it’s his livelihood and he felt that he would lose subscribers and therefore income. I felt that he would gain far more than he lost, both monetarily and in terms of credibility. He didn’t see it that way.

His site, his rules. So we both made our choices and went separate ways.

I still think he’d be better off financially if he had tighter controls.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I decided to convince myself that Saban had Gol*ing move along as the alternative is too depressing to consider...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I hope we get either Schumann, Leonhard, or Pruitt too. Really hope it is not Grantham. Saban and Alabama.... should be able to get the best of the best because it is the GOAT at Bama. I wonder if the search is becoming a bit more difficult (if it really is) because coordinators would rather not "run Saban's defense" and "have more demanding work hours than other schools and less time with family". Seems to me, even though these 2 things may be a factor, that a coach would still want to work for Saban for a few years to help his resume. If it is Grantham, that may be worse than Golding. lol.

I'd just like for Bama to win at least 1 more National Championship before Coach Saban is no longer able to coach anymore. I think he coaches for at least 4 more years, if not longer. He needs the best OC/DC there is, not average ones like the past 2 years.
I bet if you ask Smart, Muschamp, Pruitt, Sark, Kiffin, and a few others that cashed in on head coaching multimillion $ contracts, they would say the extra hours were worthwhile. RTR

Reactions: Con and CoolBreeze

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I decided to convince myself that Saban had Gol*ing move along as the alternative is too depressing to consider...
I guess none of us know for sure but I'm like 90-95% positive that CNS orchestrated Golding's lateral move.

It just doesn't make sense to leave Alabama for Ole Miss for the same position otherwise.

Plus CNS didn't even TRY to keep Golding which also makes me feel good about it.

I'm bracing myself for disappointment with the OC and DC replacements (just in case) but it really seems like CNS just got fed up with both guys and let them leave in a good light vs just outright firing them (which I would have preferred...lol)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.