OC and DC replacement discussion

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
This will be me picking nits I suppose but I'd lump Mac in with Bryce and Tua as our Best 3 QB's ever.... easily. Junior and Senior season version Jalen Hurts is right there too if things would have worked out different.

Here are Mac's 2020 Stats:

311 for 402 (77.4% - 1st NCAA - All Time Record) for 4,500 Yards (1st NCAA) 11.2 YPA (1st NCAA) for 41 TD's (2nd NCAA) and 4 INt's w/ a 203.06 QBR (1st NCAA - All Time Record)

He's also in the Top 3-5 of just about every single major Career and Single season Alabama Passing category.

I know most won't agree with what I'm about to say and I'm not trying to slight Tua or Bryce but on a Fantasy All-Time Alabama team I'm putting 2020 Mac Jones in as my Starting QB.

He's not fleet of foot like Bryce and Tua but he's super mobile IN the Pocket thanks to his Tennis Background.

But his Accuracy, Pre and Post Snap processing, Deep Ball, and Durability are unrivaled imo.
Tua ran a 4.83 in the 40, Mac a 4.74, Mahomes 4.80. Yes, he’s faster than Tua and PM in the 40, though obviously not the athlete they are, especially PM.

Bama197

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
So I just saw where the Dallas Cowboys and OC Kelley Moore have "parted ways". Ok, so I know he has zero college coaching experience but look at the numbers he put up at Boise St as a quarterback. Now the question everyone wants to know is Saban going to go with a more Pro Style like BoB or wanna spread it out more...Whomever it is will have to run the Alabama offense.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So I just saw where the Dallas Cowboys and OC Kelley Moore have "parted ways". Ok, so I know he has zero college coaching experience but look at the numbers he put up at Boise St as a quarterback. Now the question everyone wants to know is Saban going to go with a more Pro Style like BoB or wanna spread it out more...Whomever it is will have to run the Alabama offense.
I remember when Moore was considered the next great coach. Now apparently that was premature.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I remember when Moore was considered the next great coach. Now apparently that was premature.
I just know if the Cowboys can ever win it all with Dak. I know he has good stats and wins a lot but they always seem to hit a wall. Well, same could be said for Tony Romo too!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
It would be hard for Lebby to leave Okie except for one thing. The key with Lebby is his relationship with Venables. I finally found an article that did mention a problem between them but they gave no sources. If there is friction between them and he no longer wants to coach with Venables then the Bama OC job would be the best move. Venables is a good defensive coach, but a lot of times that does not translate to being a good head coach. If Lebby had a great run at Bama, he would be a good candidate to land a very good head coaching job or even eventually replacing Venables. If CNS believes he is the best candidate and Lebby wanted the job then he will make it happen.

Moore’s offenses the last two seasons have been #1 and #4 in the NFL. This year, that was despite Dak being out five games and having given Amari Cooper away for a bag of peanuts. Still, the team has folded like a cheap suit against the 49ers in the playoffs two years in a row.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Moore’s offenses the last two seasons have been #1 and #4 in the NFL. This year, that was despite Dak being out five games and having given Amari Cooper away for a bag of peanuts. Still, the team has folded like a cheap suit against the 49ers in the playoffs two years in a row.
JJ gave away AC to reduce his payroll...how did that work out for him?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
He didn’t even save much money with the cap acceleration. It was just bizarre. And then they spent half the season trying to find another receiver, including the silly OBJ saga.
Yup. And what did Amari Cooper do in Cleveland? In CLEVELAND with a career backup quarterback? Can’t throw the ball to himself now can he Jerry?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
If Pruitt has a show cause for an on field coaching position say for a year he could be hired as an analyst. From what I understand an analyst cannot engage in direct coaching activities with players and cannot recruit. However, they can attend practices and games and interact with the coaches. While no direct coaching and recruiting is a major drawback, couldn't a defensive analyst in effect act as a de facto coordinator through his communications with the assistant coaches. If he had the title of an analyst and the pay-scale of an analyst and if the NCAA has not laid out specifically what an analyst can and can't communicate to the other coaches especially on game day then I wonder if this would work without violating any rules.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
... depending on the thickness of his skin, Lebby might or might not resent the fact that Venables aired those suggestions in public. Personally, I think job performance discussions should be face to face.
I have always believed in public accolades ("Hey everyone, look. This guy did a great job.") and private [backside] chewings. ("Your performance did not meet the standard.")

More effective that way.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Dak hasn’t improved on what he has needed to since being in the pros (reading the defense). Jalen Hurts has and he keeps striving to get better and better in every facet of the position. Kellen Moore is the least of the Cowboys trouble.
ANYTHING while Skunky Mike McCarthy, The Accidental Super Bowl-Winning CoachTM, is still employed, is the least of the Cowboys trouble.

If Pruitt has a show cause for an on field coaching position say for a year he could be hired as an analyst. From what I understand an analyst cannot engage in direct coaching activities with players and cannot recruit. However, they can attend practices and games and interact with the coaches. While no direct coaching and recruiting is a major drawback, couldn't a defensive analyst in effect act as a de facto coordinator through his communications with the assistant coaches. If he had the title of an analyst and the pay-scale of an analyst and if the NCAA has not laid out specifically what an analyst can and can't communicate to the other coaches especially on game day then I wonder if this would work without violating any rules.
I believe they voted to change this rule a couple weeks but because it’s unenforceable. How would anyone know if an analyst made a phone call or helped a kid with his technique?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Still no news on coordinators? Was hoping something would be announced by now . I think pruitt not sure on the OC .
I read on another board that Pruitt as DC is less likely now.. more likely as an analyst. Hopefully we will know something soon since NFL is done except for Super Bowl, and signing day is Wednesday I think for the players in college who have not signed yet. I guess the dead period starts today?

There are so many reports out there from so many sites/people, it is hard to know what is true and what isn't. I imagine only Saban and maybe Greg Byrne know who is on the short list.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.