OC and DC replacement discussion

CrimsonDragon

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2001
Athens, AL
I was just thinking about him the other day. Did he really quit the board (quit being a Bama fan??) when Paul Johnson wasn’t hired and Saban was? If so, respect for sticking to your principles… I guess? 🤣

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Let’s see how many have been around TF for while???

Dabaxter put in his request for Paul Johnson to be considered for OC. Could you imagine the running game when the triple option meets with 5-star talent?

🤣
Not that I would want CPJ, but to the second part of that, through a tin horn comes to mind.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
$2M? What would it take for Bama to land Grubb? I'm sure the cost of living is far higher in Seattle. But I would think he'd want some bump up to come to T-Town. Does Alabama have a salary cap on coordinators, or what?

Sounds like he'd be a great hire.
I wonder if Ryan Grubb's wife and daughter came with him to T'town for the visit/interview. If she did, and she likes the town/schools/atmosphere, etc, then I bet he accepts the job if offered. Not sure how many other interviews Coach Saban has planned though.

I googled Grubb's name and read that his wife got her Doctorate in education a year or two ago. I think their daughter is young, maybe 4-5 years old. I am sure UA could find his wife a job if she wanted to work at the university. Hopefully, we fans will hear something in the next few days or by end of the week. RTR!

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I wonder if Ryan Grubb's wife and daughter came with him to T'town for the visit/interview. If she did, and she likes the town/schools/atmosphere, etc, then I bet he accepts the job if offered. Not sure how many other interviews Coach Saban has planned though.

I googled Grubb's name and read that his wife got her Doctorate in education a year or two ago. I think their daughter is young, maybe 4-5 years old. I am sure UA could find his wife a job if she wanted to work at the university. Hopefully, we fans will hear something in the next few days or by end of the week. RTR!
There are 2 million reasons (not even related to money) someone would want to move their family away from that area…..especially when they have a young daughter or son.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. For those who were around in December of 2006, we thought we had Rich Rodriguez as our next HC. He commits, goes back to Morgantown and un-accepts the opportunity of a lifetime. Rumor back then was Rita Rodriguez did not want to move to Tuscaloosa because the heat and humidity of T-Town played hell with her bouffant hair do, even though many on here offered to provide her with a lifetime supply of her favorite hair spay. IDK if this was a Tidefans rumor or not, but my point, could this be a repeat if Grubb's wife hair style is adversely affected by T-Town's climate? IDK, just something to be aware of.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Those would be what? Did something just go over my head because I really do not know what you are insinuating?
I think he alluding to things that are more commonly discussed on the nonsports board. As I am sure you are aware the politics and culture of the Pacific Northwest are a little different than Alabama, but that should be the beauty of federalism.

Reactions: FaninLA

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If it were to end up being Grubb as OC one would think we'd still rely very much on a passing offense as opposed to being more balanced like some have suggested, so I'd think that would favor Simpson over Milroe at QB since I believe Simpson is the better pure passer of the two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.