OC and DC replacement discussion

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Here's my take at the moment.

I want these hires to be the right hires.
I don't want a hurried decision or CNS to "settle" due to a timeline.
I don't think we're looking to sign any recruits in the second window so what's the hurry?
What we want and/or expect individually doesn't matter to the process.

No, I'm not gonna stop supporting this program if it's someone I don't know or I'm not fond of. Hell, I watched the decline of the last 2 years just as much as the previous 13 so I'll continue doing the same regardless.

Roll Tide!
I'm in the same camp. Saban is obviously taking his time on these hires so I am hoping something special will develop. I would think that anyone with the clout has let it be known to Coach of their interest in the positions so there really is no telling who really is in the fold. Media likes to poke about the Grubb deal but I get the feeling his staying at UW is of mutual interest. Only the big boss knows the timetable and I can only hope he delivers a couple of precious gems.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Looks as though Todd Monken is the favorite to land the OC job with Tampa Bay. New York Giants Shea Tierney (QB Coach) also reportedly interviewed. Tierney was was analyst at Alabama in 2018. He might be someone on Saban’s radar.

Reactions: seebell

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
A lot of investment firms eare buying up real estate and paying way over the asking price. I have heard a lot about it on talk radio shows.
Bought a 4 br 4 bath brick home about two miles from Bryant Denny when Saban first came. My grandson lived in while he went to school. We rented the other three rooms out. Sold it after he graduated. It was a real good investment and helped him also. But I wish I still had it from the sounds of prices.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Looks as though Todd Monken is the favorite to land the OC job with Tampa Bay. New York Giants Shea Tierney (QB Coach) also reportedly interviewed. Tierney was was analyst at Alabama in 2018. He might be someone on Saban’s radar.
Let's see how good Georgia is without Monken and Stetson Bennett next year. If their schedule wasn't so easy, they would easily lose a couple of games.

Reactions: RTR2u

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
To me it`s beginning to appear that both coordinators will be people we`ve never head of. Not saying that`s necessarily bad, mind, depending on who it is and how good they are. Good chance that at least one comes from the pros?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
A lot of investment firms are buying up real estate and paying way over the asking price. I have heard a lot about it on talk radio shows.
It’s hard to buy an existing house - I don’t know that investors are too concerned with new developments (mostly junk that will be falling apart in 10 years without the help of storms), but some of these firms are foreign money.
It took me years to accept how foreigners can buy land and passports here but in many of those same countries we can’t reciprocate; I finally gave in to the knowledge it’s just good ol’ American greed

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Let's see how good Georgia is without Monken and Stetson Bennett next year. If their schedule wasn't so easy, they would easily lose a couple of games.
I'm not saying anything this year. Last year many people were saying "wait and see how they tank after all those players left for the NFL" or "let's see how the attitude goes after a NC." I saw how that worked out. Kirby had some kind of reign around all of that.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
If Tierney doesn't get the job he could be the one as Daboll could tell him go there for few years and your career will be set, as far as DC I believe it'll be Grantham to many people talking behind the scenes if it is instead of hitting a home run we fouled out

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
If Tierney doesn't get the job he could be the one as Daboll could tell him go there for few years and your career will be set, as far as DC I believe it'll be Grantham to many people talking behind the scenes if it is instead of hitting a home run we fouled out
Just asking…..if you Trust The Process, and believe that CNS is the GOAT, how can you say that anyone he hires is a foul ball…..until that ball lands out of bounds.
If he chooses Little Dooley, he’d have his reasons.
Grantham might test my faith……

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I'm not saying anything this year. Last year many people were saying "wait and see how they tank after all those players left for the NFL" or "let's see how the attitude goes after a NC." I saw how that worked out. Kirby had some kind of reign around all of that.
They’re going to be real good for a real long time.

Reactions: RTR2u

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If the DC job is going to be offered to Grantham and the OC job is going to be offered to Dooley then why not go ahead and announce it and be done with it?.... That's why I don't think either will be offered personally.
Could be because neither is a preferred candidate? Assuming there are others higher on the list, CNS needs to offer and be turned down by higher ranked candidates. I suspect those are the two " have to settle for" candidates, but what do I know? Zip.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.