OC and DC replacement discussion

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Notre Dame hasn’t had many athletes so it hard to say what he would do with actual talent. They have been a run first offense and lean heavily on their line and tight ends. Any time people talk about them they mention that they don’t have the speed on the outsides to beat the really talented team. Reese turned down the job at LSU to go with Kelly and stay at his alma mater so we will see if he turns down another offer if he gets one. I do think if he wants to boost his career he has to make a move to a school with more talent to show off his coordinating ability long term.

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaInBham

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Man, he does seem pretty underwhelming...

Why didn't he go to LSU with Brian Kelly?
He wanted to stay at his alma mater and he did have a big time quarterback prospect this season who unfortunately got hurt for season in game number 2. That would have been his first true quarterback prospect to work with so I think he thought that would help him.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Man, he does seem pretty underwhelming...

Why didn't he go to LSU with Brian Kelly?

Sounds like Rees and Kelly reached a point of disagreement on offensive philosophy and Kelly may have hamstrung ideas and things Rees wanted to try. It sounds like when Rees was allowed to have leeway to make adjustments and changes, the offense saw significant improvement.

1675364330770.png

1675364464378.png

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Search Greg Flammang on YouTube and Twitter. He breaks down ND film. After watching his breakdowns, I’m more intrigued with this as a potential hire.

Reactions: seebell

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I hate these dumb headlines that say "top target". Is he really the top target or just someone getting an interview?
Agreed. This is probably being done because there has been so little news on it. Every morsel is now - EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT. That is what happened with Grubb and now this dude. I know Nick is on vacation but I am sure he has already been on the phone with three other candidates so could be that the true search is just now beginning.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well folks on Twitter reporting we sent a university plane to get him to bring to Tuscaloosa for an “interview”. So all the other possible “discussions/interviews” have been pretty much on the Q/T. But this one we send “the plane” to bring in for an interview?

Something tells me Rees and Saban have already hashed it out. It’s Rees job to take if he already hasn’t.

Last edited:

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Well folks on Twitter reporting we sent a university plane to get him to bring to Tuscaloosa for an “interview”. So all the other possible “discussions/interviews” have been pretty much on the Q/T. But this one we send “the plane” to bring in for an interview?

Something tells me Rees and Saban have already hashed it out. It’s Rees job to take if he already hasn’t.
How fun would 2023 be if Saban avenges Bama’s two 2022 losses with Rees at OC and Pruitt at DC? Kelly’s former OC to help put LSU back in their place and Pruitt to help put Tennessee back in their place!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.