October email surprise...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I decided to pull this out of the general thread, since it's the long-awaited surprise. Fox News and the Post were breathlessly reporting this AM that the FBI now had possession of the laptops. The DNI says they are not a Russian disinformation maneuver (how exactly they would know at this point is a mystery and whether he'd be free to release this propaganda tidbit). Meanwhile, Trump has upped his trumpeting that Barr needs to prosecute Biden, pronto. From what they've released, Hunter is not a very savory character and was profiting off his father's prominence. This has been known and is discounted in the polls. Just associating Joe with Hunter is not going to reverse things for them. Even if Joe met with some Ukrainian associate of Hunter's, that's not going to do it. Father's do things for kids all the time they later regret. IOW, this is not "her emails" redux. I leave you with this...

Borowitz

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
this whole thing is supposed to make us believe that Hunter flew 3000 miles from his home in California to get a laptop repaired where he lived years prior in Wilmington Delaware and then never bothered to pick it up or leave his name with the shop. The owner of the shop thinks it must be Hunter's even though he is legally blind, did not get the person who dropped it offs name and he wiped the security video from the day it happened. He thinks it is Hunters because it has a sticker on it from the Beau Biden charity. They have refused to release the hard drive for 3rd party review. It is complete and utter garbage

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
this whole thing is supposed to make us believe that Hunter flew 3000 miles from his home in California to get a laptop repaired where he lived years prior in Wilmington Delaware and then never bothered to pick it up or leave his name with the shop. The owner of the shop thinks it must be Hunter's even though he is legally blind, did not get the person who dropped it offs name and he wiped the security video from the day it happened. He thinks it is Hunters because it has a sticker on it from the Beau Biden charity. They have refused to release the hard drive for 3rd party review. It is complete and utter garbage
Seems legit

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and I guess since Rudy appears the prime architect of this effort this story goes here

Akazo

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 22, 2010
I'm not going to argue the veracity of any of this stuff, but there is enough to investigate.

1.) They have a signed receipt - legit? Who knows...
2.) Recipients on some of the emails have confirmed that at least some of the emails are real - regardless of origin.
3.) They FBI has the laptop... are they supposed to release it?

Again, not saying it isn't a very elaborate hoax, but we won't know until there is an investigation. And there is certainly enough there to warrant an honest coverage by the media.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm not going to argue the veracity of any of this stuff, but there is enough to investigate.

1.) They have a signed receipt - legit? Who knows...
2.) Recipients on some of the emails have confirmed that at least some of the emails are real - regardless of origin.
3.) They FBI has the laptop... are they supposed to release it?

Again, not saying it isn't a very elaborate hoax, but we won't know until there is an investigation. And there is certainly enough there to warrant an honest coverage by the media.

Akazo

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 22, 2010
That's funny but, yes, I am serious. I'm not sure where the middle has gone, but I don't believe everything from either side. What would be wrong with the media doing a real investigation? We would only end up with the truth. Right now, we only have one side because the mainstream media won't cover the story.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That's funny but, yes, I am serious. I'm not sure where the middle has gone, but I don't believe everything from either side. What would be wrong with the media doing a real investigation? We would only end up with the truth. Right now, we only have one side because the mainstream media won't cover the story.
the store owner claims copies of the hard drive exist so the FBI doesn't just have the one

forensic analysis of the drives which contain email metadata is not a very difficult thing but they are refusing to hand a copy over for third party analysis and that tells me a great deal about the legitimacy of this. In two months the FBI will say "yup it is all bs" kind of exactly like how the results of the "GREATEST SCANDAL SINCE WATERGATE" (Trumps words) Michael Flynn Unmasking were released in the last 2 weeks, long story short it was all BS

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the store owner claims copies of the hard drive exist so the FBI doesn't just have the one

forensic analysis of the drives which contain email metadata is not a very difficult thing but they are refusing to hand a copy over for third party analysis and that tells me a great deal about the legitimacy of this. In two months the FBI will say "yup it is all bs" kind of exactly like how the results of the "GREATEST SCANDAL SINCE WATERGATE" (Trumps words) Michael Flynn Unmasking were released in the last 2 weeks, long story short it was all BS
it's almost like there is a pattern

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Simply stated, the story lacks credibility. Here is an article that explains why the NYT is hesitant to print the story. That in no way means that the Times is not investigating. If there is news worthy to print, they will publish it.

The New York Post’s front-page article about Hunter Biden on Wednesday was written mostly by a staff reporter who refused to put his name on it, two Post employees said.

Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article’s credibility, the two Post employees said, speaking on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

Coming late in a heated presidential campaign, the article suggested that Joseph R. Biden Jr. had used his position to enrich his son Hunter when he was vice president. The Post based the story on photos and documents the paper said it had taken from the hard drive of a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden.

Many Post staff members questioned whether the paper had done enough to verify the authenticity of the hard drive’s contents, said five people with knowledge of the tabloid’s inner workings. Staff members also had concerns about the reliability of its sources and its timing, the people said.

The article named two sources: Stephen K. Bannon, the former adviser to President Trump now facing federal fraud charges, who was said to have made the paper aware of the hard drive last month; and Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, who was said to have given the paper “a copy” of the hard drive on Oct. 11.

Mr. Giuliani said he chose The Post because “either nobody else would take it, or if they took it, they would spend all the time they could to try to contradict it before they put it out.”

Top editors met on Oct. 11 to discuss how to use the material provided by Mr. Giuliani. The group included the tabloid veteran Colin Allan, known as Col; Stephen Lynch, The Post’s editor in chief; and Michelle Gotthelf, the digital editor in chief, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting. Mr. Allan, who was The Post’s editor in chief from 2001 to 2016 and returned last year as an adviser, urged his colleagues to move quickly, the person said.

As deadline approached, editors pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story — and at least one aside from Mr. Golding refused, two Post journalists said. A Post spokeswoman had no comment on how the article was written or edited.

Headlined “BIDEN SECRET E-MAILS,” the article appeared Wednesday with two bylines: Emma-Jo Morris, a deputy politics editor who joined the paper after four years at the Murdoch-owned Fox News, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a Post reporter since 2014.
Ms. Morris did not have a bylined article in The Post before Wednesday, a search of its website showed. She arrived at the tabloid in April after working as an associate producer on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show, according to her LinkedIn profile. Her Instagram account, which was set to private on Wednesday, included photos of her posing with the former Trump administration members Mr. Bannon and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, as well as Roger J. Stone Jr., a friend and former campaign adviser to Mr. Trump. (In July, the president commuted the sentence of Mr. Stone on seven felonies.)
Ms. Fonrouge had little to do with the reporting or writing of the article, said three people with knowledge of how it was prepared. She learned that her byline was on the story only after it was published, the people said.
The article relied on documents purportedly taken from the hard drive to suggest that the elder Mr. Biden, as vice president, had directed American foreign policy in Ukraine to benefit his son, a former board member of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company.
The article also suggested that the elder Mr. Biden had met with a Burisma adviser, Vadym Pozharskyi. On Wednesday, a Biden campaign spokesman said that Mr. Biden’s official schedules showed no meeting between the former vice president and the adviser. Last month, two Republican-led Senate committees investigating the matter said they had found no evidence of wrongdoing by the former vice president.
“The senior editors at The Post made the decision to publish the Biden files after several days’ hard work established its merit,” Mr. Allan said in an email.
The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have reported that they could not independently verify the data in the Post article, which included hedging language, referring at one point to an email “allegedly sent” to Hunter Biden.
“The story was vetted and The Post stands by its reporting,” a Post spokeswoman said in a statement.
Kenneth P. Vogel contributed reporting.

Katie Robertson is a media reporter. She previously worked as an editor and reporter at Bloomberg and News Corporation Australia. Email: katie.robertson@nytimes.com @katie_robertson

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is not new, according to them. You might ask yourself why Rudy didn't release what he had earlier, rather than two weeks before the election, when there's not enough time for an investigation. Think about it.l I don't have to do it for you...

Akazo

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 22, 2010
Simply stated, the story lacks credibility. Here is an article that explains why the NYT is hesitant to print the story. That in no way means that the Times is not investigating. If there is news worthy to print, they will publish it.

On the other hand, the NYT has printed many stories based on anonymous sources. This further illustrates the bias that exists on both sides. The truth is somewhere in the middle. There is a signed receipt by Hunter Biden from when the laptop was dropped off. Is it a forgery? Who knows. Is there a motive behind the person who corroborated the veracity of at least one email chain? Maybe, maybe not. The timing is highly suspect, but elements appear to be true. Maybe it is true and it was held back for the election. Have an honest investigation and let's find out.

Akazo

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 22, 2010
This is not new, according to them. You might ask yourself why Rudy didn't release what he had earlier, rather than two weeks before the election, when there's not enough time for an investigation. Think about it.l I don't have to do it for you...
I agree that the timing is suspect but that doesn't change the facts that are known. Politics is a dirty game and I would suspect that, even if the bulk of the emails are true, the timing is deliberate. But two wrongs don't make a right. If Joe Biden knew about Hunter's dealings and lied about it, I would understand a father doing that. one thing that I believe we can all agree on is that Hunter is sketchy. But let's not assume it is true and let's not dismiss it. Let's have an honest investigation. Bottom line, it's not giong to change anyones votes.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
On the other hand, the NYT has printed many stories based on anonymous sources. This further illustrates the bias that exists on both sides. The truth is somewhere in the middle. There is a signed receipt by Hunter Biden from when the laptop was dropped off. Is it a forgery? Who knows. Is there a motive behind the person who corroborated the veracity of at least one email chain? Maybe, maybe not. The timing is highly suspect, but elements appear to be true. Maybe it is true and it was held back for the election. Have an honest investigation and let's find out.
Whether or not the signature is a forgery is a job for the FBI, not the media.

Reactions: MobtownK

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.