Off season roster moves

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I struggle with putting it all on the kids though. Because the coach is responsible for building the culture. Either through recruiting, or through “rules“.

So either we got lucky last year because we had Herb and the seniors. Or, we were unlucky this year because players like Shack, Q, and Keon did not step up not sure which is which
Time will tell the tale on if this year's team's problems were a fluke driven by the players' attitudes or a systemic coaching problem that remains despite changes.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Where we are as of right now. The NBA early entrant deadline is April 24. The NCAA transfer portal deadline is May 1.

1FBrandon Miller
2GJaden Bradley
3FNoah Clowney
4GRylan Griffen
5FNick Pringle
6GMark Sears
7CCharles Bediako
8FNoah Gurley
9GNimari Burnett
10FDarius Miles
11GJahvon Quinerly
12GJD Davison
13???
I don't see Sears signing with us and JQ and JD both staying on the roster with 5* Bradley coming in. Too much depth at PG even though JD is not a pure PG. I know he likes a heavy guard offense but that is with SG on the floor with them.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I don't see Sears signing with us and JQ and JD both staying on the roster with 5* Bradley coming in. Too much depth at PG even though JD is not a pure PG. I know he likes a heavy guard offense but that is with SG on the floor with them.
I don't think he's saying that's the case. Neither JD or JQ have announced their plans, so I believe that's why he still has them on there.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I am pretty certain I saw something can't remember where, saying Sears is already enrolled at Bama.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm not sure what your comment means. I suspect one or both are gone. I was simply saying that I suspect they're on the list because they haven't announced a reason to remove them from the list at this point in time.
The deadline to declare is in 11 days. A lot can happen by then.

Is there an official list to look at, or do you just wait for the player to announce? JQ said it was his last game, maybe he’s already gone.

It sure would throw a wrench in the gears if some of these guys stayed.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Time will tell the tale on if this year's team's problems were a fluke driven by the players' attitudes or a systemic coaching problem that remains despite changes.
Given how few of last year's guys are returning, we'll find out pretty early into next season.

I always assumed JD would declare, and I don't think he's entertaining a possible return unless he has a disastrous combine. I wish him every success, but I can't shake the belief that he might've made himself more money by playing one more year at Bama and reducing the turnovers.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I saw where JD made the comment that he was "done with college." College isn't for everyone and, apparently, JD is one of those that didn't/couldn't find enjoyment with college life, campus life, academics, or what have you.

Reactions: seebell

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I saw where JD made the comment that he was "done with college." College isn't for everyone and, apparently, JD is one of those that didn't/couldn't find enjoyment with college life, campus life, academics, or what have you.
He wasn’t there for the long run. He and Oats had an understanding that he was possibly one and done. I think he could have benefited with one more year but it’s the best choice for him, him coming back would serve no purpose for either parties

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We were just a Placeholder
but at least everyone knew it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
JD's decision confirms I know NOTHING about the draft.

At least Primo had a great season last year. JD, however, struggled all year, except for a couple of games.

Great potential? It's there, sure, but I can't see how in the world he's ready to play at the next level (whatever that is) when he struggled with basic fundamentals like he did this year.

I wish him the best and maybe he'll bloom quickly!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.