Off to a great start!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
4-0! Great start to the season although I know that our competition hasn't been really great. :cool:

Perhaps we surprise the pundits this season?

Thoughts?

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
The level of competition hasn't really been that great, so it's hard to come to any conclusions based on what we've seen so far anyways, and we're still early enough in the season that a player's stats can swing dramatically because of one good or bad game.

It's good that we're beating the teams that we're supposed to beat, though, and we've done it convincingly in most games.

We should learn a little bit about this team after this weekend. Going on a road trip, especially to Vegas, with a bunch of freshman, we'll see if they can stay in the moment out there. Other than that, the best non-conference teams we'll face will be a series against Harvard and a mid-week against USA.

Blindside17

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Hitting has been really good and I think it will continue, the pitching has been pretty solid as well. I do wonder how our arms will do against better competition down the road. All in all I think this is the best team we have had in several years. Time will tell as we get into conference play but I like where we are at.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Dominated Game 1 of UNLV series and had to come from behind in Game 2. Tate homered to put us ahead in 9th. Can't really blame Coach for not scheduling too heavy in the non-conference when the SEC weekends are brutal. As we improve, that will probably improve. Although LSU is a big-time program and seem never to really load up on much of an out-of-conference schedule anyway.