Off topic but J.T about to win PGA

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He played with patience and skill today...very exciting. Lots going on in the golf world that isn't great -- LIV Golf for one (Saudi money) -- but this is why we play and watch the game.

Reactions: Guido

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
And while I do feel bad for young mr pereira, let me say I can hit my driver just like he did. Only I do it most of the time. sigh . . .

• Haha
Reactions: Con

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
JT got the tough side of the draw on Friday. When he went out the wind was howling. The wind laid down for the rest of day. Justin still managed to shoot 67 in what most agree was the best round on Friday.
I thought JT was “done” Saturday when he missed a par putt on 18 dropping to 2 under. I didn’t see the leaders “coming back” enough to give him chance.
Shows you what I know.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He had a couple of makeable putts on the back nine that he didn't make, and I thought those would doom him. However, he posted a solid score and guys came back to him. Zalatoris had two huge saves on the last two holes, or JT wouldn't have even been forced to go to extra holes. Great finish, JT! Roll Tide!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Yep, he missed three 10-12 footers for birdie on the back that would have won it w/o a play-off. Feel horrible for Periera but very happy and proud of JT.
You always miss far more than you make of those...even great putters only make about 20-30%. Make more than that and you win...to a large part, except for the majors, the PGA tour is a putting contest.

Here's a great column on Tiger Woods post PGA Championship:

https://read.nxtbook.com/global_golf_post/global_golf_post/20220523/green_col.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=READ NOW&utm_campaign=dm-052322#

Reactions: TiderJack and Bazza

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
It did not hurt him having Bones McKay on the bag. Bones has been in those situations more than most. Great team.
Bones gives you a little nudge here or there, not a change in your stroke but a different thought . Good caddy

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.