Official Alabama 2020 Depth Chart

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Never heard of the guy at punter...🤷🏻‍♂️
Interesting to see that the starting MLB who played all last season (A years worth of experience) is 3rd organizational grouping.

atlbama

Scout Team
Nov 18, 2005
Dunwoody, GA
MLB Dylan Moses (7), Jaylen Moody (42) or Shane Lee (35)

I assume the "or" means Moody and Lee are both considered 2nd team? (not 3rd team for Lee)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
MLB Dylan Moses (7), Jaylen Moody (42) or Shane Lee (35)

I assume the "or" means Moody and Lee are both considered 2nd team? (not 3rd team for Lee)
You are correct on the "or" and applies to everyone shown.

Two true freshmen starting on D is great. Means they are ready physically and studied and worked hard to get it mentally. Some did not think it was possible especially with Anderson. Going to be a star sooner than later.

This team is scary good. I just hope we navigate through these strange times and get #18.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Huh Vy Ee
How about that OL.. Big, strong, and experienced. Question is - can we pass block? I don’t think paving the run will be an issue. IF this line can consistently give Mac time we could be near unstoppable on O.

JohnD

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2003
They were both in the same recruiting class. Ray is a redshirt junior, Moses is a senior. Technically I guess Moses could get a medical redshirt for last season and play next year too, but not very likely.
Moses is also a redshirt Junior. He did not take a snap last year.
The only Seniors we have on defense are McMillion and Davis. That is to say, those two would be in their last year of eligibility using pre-covid eligibility rules.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: seebell

CoachJeff

All-American
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Moses is also a redshirt Junior. He did not take a snap last year.
The only Seniors we have on defense are McMillion and Davis. That is to say, those two would be in their last year of eligibility using pre-covid eligibility rules.
Moses is listed as a senior. Take it up with the football program.

I'm not sure if he's automatically redshirted because he didn't play or if the team has to do some paperwork for that.

But he's list as a senior by the football team.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Pretty surprising two true frosh in the two deep at Jack LB. Regarding punter, Sam Johnson was the top or second rated punter in the nation in high school last year, so he's talented.

Reactions: CraigD

DogPatch

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Moses is listed as a senior. Take it up with the football program.

I'm not sure if he's automatically redshirted because he didn't play or if the team has to do some paperwork for that.

But he's list as a senior by the football team.
If memory serves, a redshirt is something that an athlete must apply for, or go through some similar process. It is not automatic.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A few things I thought were particularly interesting:

- Two true freshmen at Jack OLB...Anderson starts and Sanders is #2. Missouri will try to confuse them early and often. Saban knows that, and still feels they are our best options. Says a lot for the young men. Just listen to the leaders, do your job, and don't fall for the eye candy.

- Two true freshmen tied for #1 at Star. Same comments about opponents attempting to confuse them.

- Love having Mac and Slade Bolden as the holder on PKs. Both are athletes, and you have a chance at a play if something goes wrong. Also, you don't telegraph if you call a fake, and either of those guys could run or throw in that situation.

- Will Reichard won the PK job, but I wonder about KOs. While he was nowhere near as reliable as we need on PKs, Bulovas did a pretty good job on KOs. Guess we'll just have to see on that.

- Skyler DeLong is nowhere to be found on the punter depth chart. Guessing he's headed elsewhere. I feel bad for the kid because it's 100% a mental thing. But there are 84 scholarship players, not to mention a whole bunch of coaches, who depend on the punter to at least not be a liability. And after two years of in-game futility, you have to move on for the sake of the team.

BUT it also appears that three are tied for the top spot. Don't know how I feel about that. It may mean that nobody has really pulled out ahead. Or it may be all of them have some of the attributes, but no one of them has all the pieces -- distance, consistency, and speed getting the ball off. Guess we'll see on that, too.

I am excited. I honestly didn't think we'd be playing this fall, and I'm still far from convinced of a full season. But I didn't think we'd play at all, and it's not the first time I'm glad to have been wrong.

Tangential subject -- I'm really not that concerned about our players getting covid on campus. I think they're disciplined and hungry enough to be taking the right preventive measures in the football complex and away from it. Not to say we won't have any cases. Just that I think we'll skate through better than most programs.

I am, however, concerned about our players getting covid from other less-disciplined players on other teams. And I would not put it past any coach in the SEC (other than Saban) to be willfully ignorant of a player's status when he's been exposed, but isn't exhibiting symptoms -- you know....jiggering with test dates, "delaying" turnaround times, etc.. Not sure what you can do about that, but it does bother me.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
I am shocked Trey Sanders isn't at least sharing backup to Najee. I personally think he's more talented that BRob but CNS is prone to loyalty, it seems over talent. I guess he made it based on experience.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am shocked Trey Sanders isn't at least sharing backup to Najee. I personally think he's more talented that BRob but CNS is prone to loyalty, it seems over talent. I guess he made it based on experience.
I have no idea how good Sanders is or will be after his injury, but BRob would start for the Buckeyes right now.

Reactions: Padreruf

JohnD

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2003
If memory serves, a redshirt is something that an athlete must apply for, or go through some similar process. It is not automatic.
Yes, that's right. He "could" have a redshirt year if he wanted one regardless of where the school roster lists him right now. But I think we all know that he won't.

DogPatch

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Not shocking given the amount of game experience of each coming into the season.

TideFans.shop - BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

TideFansShop.com up to 65% off!!
TideFans.Shop - Get your Bama gear here!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads