***Official Bama v. barn Post-Game Thread***

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Now that I have calmed down, I think the biggest issue is this team did not have the leadership it needed. As Saban said more than once, not doing it right all the time will kill you. We have lots of 4 & 5 * talent, we need leaders. We need people like Javy, Johnson & Peek to go along with the stars.

I know Saban will preach this for the next month & spring practice. It will be up to the players to step up and lead. You can't force someone to be a leader.

I look forward to a much better attitude next season.
Yep. We have a very talented, but still very young team that grew up a little tonight. We thought replacing nine starters on defense was no big deal. We had the talent.

Denial is no longer a river that runs through Tuscaloosa.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Look everyone outside of UA knew our defense was going to have problems with so many replaced. 5 star players or not the SEC is not a league where many can step right in and play. Ask Fluker and Dre who were not only 5 star recruits but the top in their position coming out of HS and they were not starters last year. MD never played the way he finished last year after missing games and DH came on strong at the end finally. The other returner MB I felt to much was left on his plate with lack of experience around him. The best part is everyone with the exception of MD that we need to return next year should with the help of atleast 1 JUCO, will destroy the SEC. Remember the names J Williams because other teams will.

Our offense will be fine with what we have returning. As long as TR is healthy, we only need some of the other young WRs to step up. QB will not be an issue for a while at the capstone. Our OL might even be better next year and what we have recruited for TE I have no concerns there whatsoever.

People need to remember that next year every player on the field playing should be the first time that they are all CNS recruits. This dynasty is just starting. Yes it was nice to win it all last year but the future is alot brighter.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I hope the "slow blinkers" comment about some of the players gets deleted FAST:mad: That is not acceptable. Sorry for my anger but these guys all play at a very high level and a lot is demanded. If they are slow they wouldn't play for CNS!!!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Julio scored major points with me, seeing him sitting on the bench with a groggy Greg, with his arm around him...
I'm going to miss JJ and Mark the most, not just for what they bring on the field, but the leadership they bring. Their effort/ intensity is never a question for me when I bring it up about some of our team's lack of focus.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Our offensive approach to the game needs to change. It needs to change to what we saw in the first quarter and what we did in the Miss St. game. It worked, we still were balanced and it kept the defense on its heels.

Yet for some reason the staff refuses to stick to it. When things aren't going your way, do something to shake things up. How about start running the hurry up to change the tempo of the game, get a spark, something. What we were doing in the first half, with all the pre snap motion and quick tempo Auburn had no time to "dig in". Why did that change in the second half? :conf2:

Look everyone outside of UA knew our defense was going to have problems with so many replaced. 5 star players or not the SEC is not a league where many can step right in and play. Ask Fluker and Dre who were not only 5 star recruits but the top in their position coming out of HS and they were not starters last year. MD never played the way he finished last year after missing games and DH came on strong at the end finally. The other returner MB I felt to much was left on his plate with lack of experience around him. The best part is everyone with the exception of MD that we need to return next year should with the help of atleast 1 JUCO, will destroy the SEC. Remember the names J Williams because other teams will.

Our offense will be fine with what we have returning. As long as TR is healthy, we only need some of the other young WRs to step up. QB will not be an issue for a while at the capstone. Our OL might even be better next year and what we have recruited for TE I have no concerns there whatsoever.

People need to remember that next year every player on the field playing should be the first time that they are all CNS recruits. This dynasty is just starting. Yes it was nice to win it all last year but the future is alot brighter.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
The players gave it all tonite and did what many teams could not and that was down CN running the ball. We just did not it the whole game. No player played bad we just do not match up well in some formations or against other teams.

That is what I think the difference is this year from last years team. We had depth last year, this year we just did not seem as deep, especially in experience. It will come though.RTR

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Have you looked at their roster? They lose something like 28 seniors and will be recruiting under a black cloud...
So you think that the newton cloud is going to offset the on-field success recruiting wise? If so, that is the silver lining of today (along with the possible vacated win).

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Well I just think we did not play for 4 quarters or "up to our standard". First quarter was a glimpse of what's capable. Leaving points, youth, poor execution on assignments were indicative of a team that is inconsistent. We will be back and have learned a painful lesson today. I am proud of Julio, etc for staying with their leader after the injury. RTR

Jazzman

1st Team
Feb 13, 2001
Wetumpka, Alabama
God bless our team, especially the seniors! I hate that they lost but they were very close to beating a better team. They will learn a lot from this game and bounce back next year. Julio had a great game. Now I'm going to drown my sorrows in a double-decker turkey sandwich.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This one stings bad right now, but it will get better. Here's hoping the Gamecocks beat the snot out of the Barn, we win our bowl game, the Barn gets what it deserves (or close to it), and our team comes back hungry next year.

Too many young players and injuries this year. We have a lot of raw talent that got experience, though.

We are going to be in contention next year, and the year after, and the year after that.

I'm glad I am a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide!

TidePrideGA

All-American
Dec 6, 1999
Athens GA
No offense, but if I understand you correctly, you wanted us to run the ball MORE in the second half? Even after Julio had 150 yards in the first? We never ran the ball well tonight. I think we went away from what we did well in the first quarter (quicker tempo passing game to set up the occasional draw play) and tried to run the ball in the 3rd quarter to milk the clock and hope they don't come back. We lost our aggressive mentality when we tried to run, plus our OL never got much of a push.
None taken, I believe that you have to have balance to win in football, thats all I am saying. when you don't it's a lot easier for defenses to tee off and send the house at you.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The players gave it all tonite and did what many teams could not and that was down CN running the ball. We just did not it the whole game. No player played bad we just do not match up well in some formations or against other teams.

That is what I think the difference is this year from last years team. We had depth last year, this year we just did not seem as deep, especially in experience. It will come though.RTR
Yep, I am just more ticked that not only is it a close loss to the barn that could've been avoided, but that the mistakes that cost us were made by a pre-season AA. The mistakes Dee/ Dre made against LSU are somewhat understandable b/c of their lack of experience, but a 2 year starter on 2 different plays getting burned for a long TD is more than a little irritating.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
A quarter and a half of Alabama football followed by two and a half quarters of Shula football. The coaching staff turned into slobbering idiots. I wish I could get paid half as much for that level of incompetence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.