Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Bama @ Houston, 12/10, 2:00, ABC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
FYI: Auburn and Memphis are on ESPN 2. It's early but Memphis has the lead 19-14 early around 11 minutes.

Go Memphis Tigers!!!
Maybe someone needs to go to one of the Barney message boards and start a thread titled: How about those Crimson Tide! Lol
Memphis pulled off the upset. So maybe not the best night to step into a wet cow patty.

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
Had to record game and just finished. This is a fun team to watch. I had about given up when we were down by 15 to such a physical opponent on the road who was set on revenge. This win says a lot about the character, talent, and effort of this team.
Nate has assembled a great group and did an outstanding job of on court coaching and substituting down the stretch. This can be a special season! Roll Tide!!!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Bradley isn't as flashy as JQ, but understands the role of point guard better the JQ and that's why I keep saying he's better for us.

He also is much stronger getting to the rim and can finish against contact much better than JQ. JQ may be quicker and against teams that don't defend as well as Houston he can be effective, but we saw the difference in him and Bradley tonight in getting to the rim.

In addition, Houston was double teaming the point and you don't beat a double team (typically) with fancy dribbling. You can split the double team with a dribble, but JQ isn't strong enough for that. You do it with quick passing.

JQ will have his moments later but against a defense like Houston we need a PG like Bradley!

And Kudos to CNO for realizing this and sitting JQ most of the second half.
Bradley reminds me more of Chris Paul, which is ironic because he played for Team CP3 on the AAU circuits. There was a reason he was considered the top PG for this recruiting class. I think the more he comes on, the more it will free up Miller to do his thing as well.

We have the makings of a really solid team here, and we have the possibility of getting better once Welch returns from injury as well.

irvingtontide

3rd Team
Sep 5, 2019
Great win for the guys. We did a good job of limiting turnovers in the 2nd half which was one of the big keys to us winning. We shoot and play defense good enough to beat anybody it’s just we can’t turn the ball over 20-30 times in the big games and expect to win them all. Defense plays with good heart and effort that alone should keep us in some of the tuff games.

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I can't begin to say how proud I am of this team.
I was not able to watch live and settled for the recorded version.
To get down by 15 in the 2nd half like that and keep fighting and relying on each other and playing as a team.
Coach Oats making the adjustments he did......
Man, this team can do great things if they keep playing like this.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
One of the game announcers questioned whether Bama would tire out late in the game. Oats substituted a lot and put an almost entirely different lineup in late in the game. Pringle got good minutes in the second half. Bama's depth is a real strength. Late in the game, Houston was down a player who fouled out and they were the team that looked tired.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Working in yard and had to watch the recording. Awesome grit showed by this team! People talk about CNO’s offense, but I’ve said before and I’ll say again that we’ll go as far as the defense and intensity will take us. The whole game, they talked about Houston’s defense but when you can hold the #1 team to 6 points at the 12 minute mark, you’re playing some good defense yourself. The team showed up ready to play!

In the post game interview, someone mentioned Houston only made one bucket in the final 5-1/2 minutes and two buckets in the final 8 minutes. That’s stepping up and shutting them down!

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Already wasn’t impressed with Sampson after last year’s game. His interview didn’t help my opinion.

Sampson:
(I would put quotes but these are notes after I watched so may not be word for word).
We were defending their actions and they took their four starters out and put in four bench players. They stopped the actions and started just driving. When you’re down 14, sometimes you throw stuff At the wall and see what happens.

Uh, coach, that’s called in-game adjustments and it sounds like they worked. SMH.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Walker seemed like a Bama commit right up until his announcement

... I thought we had a good shot with him, because he and Bradley were HS teammates.

Easy to see why Alabama wanted him. He's the real deal.

I know, I was sure hoping he would sign with BAMA. :)

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Didn’t get to watch the game live but just finished watching the replay. Tremendous win over an excellent and extremely physical team (their jerk coach and his Summer’s-Eve-product kid notwithstanding). I listened with earbuds and that place was loud and hostile. Oats was masterful rotating players, especially late - our bench way outscored theirs.

This team is 180 degrees from last year’s in terms of toughness and defense. Scary to think how good they’ll be once the offense gels and they correct the turnovers.

Build this program and coach a facility worthy of it. Whining about construction costs after umpteen tweaks to BDS is frankly embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.