Bama Game Thread: Official Game Thread - Bama vs. UK, Postgame thread...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
What kind of defense does Auburn play? I hope Mac has his best game so far next week. I hope the weather is nice . Looks like rain but it’s still early. Glad it’s a home game.
They also play a lot of cover 2 with some cover 3 when the go zone (most teams do). Two things Steele has been good @ while at the barn are teaching his players assignment football & knowing how & when to bring pressure. Seems like his blitzes and pressures are always well timed in our losses to them.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Key notes:
Crimson Tide offense tallied 509 total yards, with 283 of those coming through the air and 226 on the ground.
Balanced Offense.

Kentucky only had 121 yards of total offense and couldn't even get in end zone. Defense kept
Kentucky to 27 yards in second half, all of it rushing.
Kentucky Defense is real good. I don't know why Kentucky didn't open up their passing game, but they can't do that
against elite teams.

Pick X by Jordan Battle changed the outcome of the game. Before that play, We were struggling on offense,
throwing interception and 2 punts.

Bryce Young's Touchdown pass was dangerous throw.

Jase McClellan and Roydell Williams showed us that they can get the job done. I think we will see them again next week.

Everyone is on Dylan's butt for not recording tackle, but I am pretty sure it's not 100 percent on him.

Go look at the stats, and you will see Harris 11 tackles, Wright and Battle combining for 13 tackles
Mathis 5 tackles, Young 4 tackles....

It means DT are doing their job. They are getting there before LBs are there. Moses' job is to make sure everyone is lined up correctly
and as I repeated, Defense limited to 27 yards in 2nd half.. I would say Mose did his job. We have to back off on him...

He's not coming back next year, and he'll be drafted in 1st 2 rounds...He'll do fine in NFL.

Mac had good night, but he got greedy with deep ball that was intercepted. I don't know why he keeps throwing the ball short. I mentioned that before the bye week, and
everyone keeps saying that he probably is tired and should be fine after the break. Two weeks later and he is still doing that.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
About the defense settling down after the first quarter, on the broadcast they mentioned talking with Pete Golding who said that we were going to just read and react for the first few drives until we figured out what they were doing, then we would adjust and start being a little more aggressive in forcing the issue.

I’m not saying that it was a good plan, but it might be an explanation for why things unfolded the way they did.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Looks like the future QB position will be in good hands with Bryce. He threaded the needle with his TD pass. Both Williams & McClellan looked great! Granted the KY defense was tired... but they also knew the RB was getting the ball. Entire 1st team was outstanding after the 1st quarter.

IMO Devonta should NOT be handling punt returns unless it's to call a fair catch or if the outcome of a game is in jeopardy.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
About the defense settling down after the first quarter, on the broadcast they mentioned talking with Pete Golding who said that we were going to just read and react for the first few drives until we figured out what they were doing, then we would adjust and start being a little more aggressive in forcing the issue.

I’m not saying that it was a good plan, but it might be an explanation for why things unfolded the way they did.
I believe that exactly what happened. Looking at the game, from the second qtr on, big blue got big blew up with everything they did.

Reactions: CraigD

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
Key notes:
Crimson Tide offense tallied 509 total yards, with 283 of those coming through the air and 226 on the ground.
Balanced Offense.

Kentucky only had 121 yards of total offense and couldn't even get in end zone. Defense kept
Kentucky to 27 yards in second half, all of it rushing.
Kentucky Defense is real good. I don't know why Kentucky didn't open up their passing game, but they can't do that
against elite teams.

Pick X by Jordan Battle changed the outcome of the game. Before that play, We were struggling on offense,
throwing interception and 2 punts.

Bryce Young's Touchdown pass was dangerous throw.

Jase McClellan and Roydell Williams showed us that they can get the job done. I think we will see them again next week.

Everyone is on Dylan's butt for not recording tackle, but I am pretty sure it's not 100 percent on him.

Go look at the stats, and you will see Harris 11 tackles, Wright and Battle combining for 13 tackles
Mathis 5 tackles, Young 4 tackles....

It means DT are doing their job. They are getting there before LBs are there. Moses' job is to make sure everyone is lined up correctly
and as I repeated, Defense limited to 27 yards in 2nd half.. I would say Mose did his job. We have to back off on him...

He's not coming back next year, and he'll be drafted in 1st 2 rounds...He'll do fine in NFL.

Mac had good night, but he got greedy with deep ball that was intercepted. I don't know why he keeps throwing the ball short. I mentioned that before the bye week, and
everyone keeps saying that he probably is tired and should be fine after the break. Two weeks later and he is still doing that.
Up 28-3 at half, how did the pick 6 change the outcome? It was never in doubt.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I noticed them saying this too. It seems like us and Ohio St. are right the opposite, we give up points and yards early in games and they give up points and yards later in games.

Reactions: CraigD and B1GTide

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Just heard this, if it has not been posted. Since Saban has been at Bama he has won 7 SEC games by 50+ points; the rest of the SEC has done that 6 times combined.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just for clarification and you may disagree. Great Win: Georgia Good Win: Kentucky
If you ever think beating Kentucky is a great win you are having a bad season.

But I get your point and agree. A very boring pedestrian victory. At one point I looked up and thought “Crap, I forgot to post the third quarter stats in the game thread”. Turned out it was still the middle of the third quarter.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
i wonder whether, 10 years ago, even Saban could have pictured himself uttering those words.
I’d pay $20 to watch you ask him that question.

We have so many experts on this website who analyze and critique ever facet of every game.

Yet the main expert (Saban) seems pretty happy with where we are.

I always believe Coach Saban wishes the fans could enjoy the game and let him worry about things like Time of Possession and Golding’s Play calling.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That's what I thought. But in the second quarter something seemed to click. We started consistently stopping their run game, and the defense seemed to come alive. Maybe it took that long to shake off a little rust from three weeks off.
In Jess’ recap it was mentioned that Alabama waited to see what Kentucky was going to do and then adjusted. That seems to have worked very well.

Reactions: Con and 92tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.