*Official* Nick Saban is Bama's New Coach (please put all thoughts on decision here)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Official Nick Saban Decision Thread (please put all thoughts on decision here)

Cecil + ESPN confirmation = Happy, happy rgw.

Tide64

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2004
Re: Official Nick Saban Decision Thread (please put all thoughts on decision here)

IF he is on a plane heading to Tuscaloosa, I'd be inclined to call it done. I am still, however, leary about anything until he steps up to the podium with MM... guess the RR fiasco taught me a lot of caution. :)

ROLL TIDE!!!

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA

MSN says Dolphin players have been told NS is leaving for Bama.
I'm glad for you folks, really. How 'bout we hook up again soon?

Crimson_HeckYea

Oct 14, 2006

"He's bringin' Bama back"....oh and sexy too :biggrin2: :BigA:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

MSN says Dolphin players have been told NS is leaving for Bama.
I'm glad for you folks, really. How 'bout we hook up again soon?
Lets call it a date for the national title game. Just give us a year or two to get ready...haha.

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL

ESPN'S Cold Pizza is reporting that the Dolphins owner is having a press confrence shortly. They will carry it.

megonjay

Nov 29, 2006

looks around the room... jumps on a chair and does the "Happy Dance" !! RTR

Finally !!! I can sleep !

Last edited:

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Re: mal nailed it!!

I hope some of the members here on Tide Fans will apologize to Mal from some of the critical remarks made about him in recents weeks. There were a number of people that blamed Mal for "botching" the attempt to hire RR.

Mal has been blamed for things that were out of his control.

Getting Saban is a GREAT hire.

Tide64

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2004

Mortensen is saying he doesn't think Saban got on a plane. He's talking to his assistant coaches.
ESPN.com is reporting

Saban told team owner Wayne Huizenga of his intentions via telephone and then informed all of his coaches by speakerphone that he was leaving to accept the Alabama position, a source told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
This is their top story. Wonder why, since this is a nothing program with no relevance in todays college football? :rolleyes:

TiderB

All-American
Dec 18, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Re: mal nailed it!!

I hope some of the members here on Tide Fans will apologize to Mal from some of the critical remarks made about him in recents weeks. There were a number of people that blamed Mal for "botching" the attempt to hire RR.

Mal has been blamed for things that were out of his control.

Getting Saban is a GREAT hire.
I'll be the first to apologize to Mal. Sorry I doubted you. Congratulations on a great hire.

alextupelo

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2006
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

before everyone jumps on the great job mal moore bandwagon lets wait and see what Saban does before we decided how great of a decision this is....i'm just being careful i hope with every fiber of my being he will be a great coach but we'll just have to wait and see. Yeah i think Mal did a much better job of not letting this one get out of his control true, but lets just wait and see how this unfolds.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.