*Official* Nick Saban is Bama's New Coach (please put all thoughts on decision here)

ga_tide_fan

1st Team
Aug 13, 2001
Griffin, GA.
Re: Official Nick Saban Decision Thread (please put all thoughts on decision here)

I can hear the weights from the S & C building crashing all the way over here in Griffin, GA. I hope the players realize that life as they knew it may well be over. Saban does not run a loose ship like CMS. Spring practice should be really interesting. Roll Tide!

BamaBraz

1st Team
Nov 27, 2002
Monrovia, AL
Bill Curry is still crying. He was on ESPN still talking the crap about of hiring and firing of Caoches. He still doesn't get it, he sucked as a coach.

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Bill Curry is still crying. He was on ESPN still talking the crap about of hiring and firing of Caoches. He still doesn't get it, he sucked as a coach.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....will somebody shut that guy (Curry) up?!?!?!?!?!?!?
How many times can/will he go on national television and attempt to undermine this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING hire? Keep trying Bill. Maybe someday you will move on.

RTR

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Well, I'll tell you one thing.....the way Huizenga is acting, he has the UTMOST RESPECT for CNS. This presser is making it real hard for ANYBODY to talk bad about CNS & his motivation/reason for leaving. Anybody have a better feel on the actual #'s of the contract?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
WH is handling this in a very classy manner. He remains loyal to Saban and truthful about the details of the situation. Interesting quote: "The reported numbers for that contract - by the way - are nowhere near the actual numbers."

BAMAHD

All-American
Sep 20, 2003
B,ham Al
Huizenga showed alot of class. For that i hope he finds another great coach and turns the fins around, good luck Wayne!

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Rosenburg is having a cow. He is blasting Huizenga(sp?) for not showing in malice towards Saban for leaving.

Hey, Rosenburg! It's called class. Look into it.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
Welcome Coach Saban. Wow i do not know how to feel. I have probably posted 500 times in the last few weeks. I guess it is a feeling more of relief than anything. Relief in knowing that we have been able to hire a great coach.

Also happy to be able to tell all of these so called experts they can stick it.

Especially Tony Barnhart.

Man it feels good. Can i hear a RTR!!!!!!!!:biggrin2:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Bill Curry does have a point about the ridiculous nature of the NCAA "arms race", but I think his argument comes across as an attack on Alabama. Shula was a bad coach, any argument otherwise has been - and will continue to be - ignored by me. His statements about who controls Alabama could be said about Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee, LSU, Notre Dame, or any other big name program. But considering that he is a former Bama guy, his comments will be percieved (and may actually be) an attack.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.