*Official* Nick Saban is Bama's New Coach (please put all thoughts on decision here)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

HavenTide

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 11, 2006
Winter Haven. FL
Terry, where are you? I know you really, really want to go over to Tigerforums right now...:) :)

Also, changes we will see:

No 3-4 and heavy, heavy blitzing.
Incredible strength and conditioning.
A Gene Stallings type of persona on sideline.
Oh, and no bs with anything.

RTR
except when he says he's not interested in taking another job and then accepts said job two weeks later

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Re: Official Nick Saban Decision Thread (please put all thoughts on decision here)

He's on the plane. No face to face.
SFT , congratulations for sticking to your guns !!!

I posted several times last night that there would be no "next/last" meeting .

THANK YOU CNS !!!!!!!!!!!! ROLL Freakin' TIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!

From the "Capstone Report" .....

WINNERS & LOSERS
winner: Paul Finebaum. Finebaum urged firing Mike Shula and it happened. He said for weeks Saban was on top of the list and it turned out to be true.

Loser: Tommy Tuberville and Phil Fulmer. Alabama's two biggest rivals finally must face a competent coach at the helm of Alabama. Watch the pressure grow on Fulmer in Tennessee. He's already under fire for last season and then this season's horrible performance in the bowl game. Expect that pressure to mount if next season is subpar and he gets hit with a loss to Alabama under Saban.

Winner: Mal Moore. With his bumbling style, somehow Moore got the job done. He mishandled the firing of Shula, got jilted by Rich Rodriguez, but ended up landing the biggest prize of all. Moore's fourth quarter victory cements his legacy as a capable athletic director.

Loser: National media. So Alabama was the job nobody wanted. Well, it seems many coaches wanted it and at least two thought long and hard about it. Alabama ended up with its first choice, Nick Saban despite a muddled and sometimes confusing search. The national media, who said Alabama football wasn't important, dedicated hours of coverage to the Saban & Alabama decision. Yeah, Alabama is important and the media proved it.

Winner: Nick Saban. He gets out of Miami, becomes the highest paid coach in college football and gets a chance to make history by adding to Alabama's 21 SEC championships.

Loser: Shula supporters. A faction of Alabama fans said Shula was the best Alabama could do. Their self-loathing posts on message boards predicted we'd end up with a Grobe or lesser coach.

Winner: Alabama fans. We can get back to normal. Well, back to normal soon anyway. There will still be lots of interesting things to follow. But optimism returns to UA. Recruiting should be fun and so will the spring practice.

Now - BAMA is back !!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

skip2004

Dec 28, 2006
It's about time. I hope MM gives total control over the program to CNS. It's the only way we can est. dicipline and a winning program. CNS could fill up that empty statue spot at BDS soon.

AllTide

2nd Team
Mar 9, 2006
N. Alabama
There are no more worries about coaching compitence and thats a big load off the BAMA faithful.

Great hire MM and welcome to the craddle of college football CNS.

RollTide.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Has anyone heard any R.Marve news yet ?????

K.Brown ???

Murphy ???
Corley ???
McNeil ???
Gibson ???

Better hurry up and get on board guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

RTR:tongue:

TexasBammer

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2005
Hotlanta, Ga
Well, I guess Terry, Earle, and the guys were right.

I'm enjoying a pot of Crow Stew right now because I thought we were going to get Sabanized here. I look forward to hearing the straight scoop on this. It seems as though it wasn't all about the money.

Could the rumors that he coveted this job be true?

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
This reminds of the clips from the end of WWII . I'm getting cleaned up , heading out and sticking my tongue down the throat of the 1st woman I see .:tongue:

Well , maybe not the 1st .:smile:

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

Crimson323

All-SEC
Dec 6, 2005
All Over

K.Brown ???

Murphy ???
Corley ???
McNeil ???
Gibson ???

Better hurry up and get on board guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

RTR:tongue:
Well, I heard that we landed Kerry Murphy this morning. I don't know how true it is. A member of SECTalk.com mentioned it.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Yes, this morning on local radio, his coach said that RM was still going to the Capstone. He went on tho say that the choice Bama makes could make it even easier for RM to keep his word. Robert Marve will be in Tuscaloosa this fall.:BigA:

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
Just read this one by Dan La Batard from the Miami Herald about our little insignificant team:

Larry Coker, a decent man, gets fired for his one championship. Saban, a duplicitous one, gets the most lucrative job in college football.
So Alabama has gone from an insignificant school full of losers to the most lucrative job in college football. Go Figure. I guess they all feel like one of these:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Memo to B.Curry : Drop dead loser !!! Can't he just shut up ???:mad2:

Memo to Rita Rod : Table dance ?:redface:

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Just read this one by Dan La Batard from the Miami Herald about our little insignificant team:

So Alabama has gone from an insignificant school full of losers to the most lucrative job in college football. Go Figure. I guess they all feel like one of these:
You know La Betard and the rest of these people criticizing Saban for being as he said "duplicitous" can just get over it! He and his family were not happy in Miami and they had the opportunity to extricate themselves from the situation, what reasonable person wouldn't do that or can't understand that? What did they expect him to say to the media at the time, "Yeah as soon as this season is over I'm gone and going to Alabama."? I mean jeez come on. Fact of the matter is Saban didn't do anything different than any of these other coaches did when they changed jobs, in fact I think he handled the situation pretty darn well. But don't ask me, ask Wayne Huzienga as he seems to be the only person down in Miami with any class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.