Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Postgame Thread - Bama @ Florida...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Could that be because we got up by 2 TDs and we went vanilla? Then couldn’t turn it back on ?

I know Coach likes big leads and then ride it out. I wonder if Coach thought we had their number. Then got conservative.
One can hope. I also hope they'll free Young up to run...

Reactions: CB4

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I guess the refs must have called unnecessary Holding calls on the Gators……no, wait….

Maybe they missed some DPIs that could have been called….no, wait.

Maybe they mismanaged the clock in Bama’s favor…..no, wait
How about the 2 horse collar tackles? Both may have been long TDs if not for grabbing the shirt collar from behind!

• Thank You
Reactions: DogPatch

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
O’Brien called plays for the Texans, and I was having flashbacks. A playbook you can put on a 3 x 5 card.
He also called plays for the Patriots and one of the most creative offenses in the NFL. I think it was Brady’s second best year as a pro! He used GRONK and Hernandez in very creative and explosive ways! with the emergence of Latu , I was excited about Latu and Billingsly on the field together!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
On the defense, maybe getting Labryan Ray back in the next few weeks will help the defensive rotation .

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
For my fourth post in a row, I must say hearing the Georgia fans come out if the woodwork like cockroaches and Ole Miss fans thinking they will be the favorite in 2 weeks is ridiculous! OM still hasn’t played a good team, and Georgia scored less on offense against Clemson at a neutral site than GT did in deaf Valley!

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: 92tide

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
For my fourth post in a row, I must say hearing the Georgia fans come out if the woodwork like cockroaches and Ole Miss fans thinking they will be the favorite in 2 weeks is ridiculous! OM still hasn’t played a good team, and Georgia scored less on offense against Clemson at a neutral site than GT did in deaf Valley!
This is good though. Makes it sweeter when reality slaps them upside the head.

Reactions: The Ols and 92tide

merino

BamaNation Citizen
May 5, 2017
I was uncomfortable a while back when I found out about his stepping in and out of the play-calling duties at the Texans...
How about the last play, 0.04 seconds remaining?
A punt always has a finite risk of disaster, such as the high snap, block, or fumble by the kicker—why not have a fast receiver take the snap and then hightail it in the opposite direction? Easy to run off 4 seconds, then take a knee. This might be a better alternative.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He also called plays for the Patriots and one of the most creative offenses in the NFL. I think it was Brady’s second best year as a pro! He used GRONK and Hernandez in very creative and explosive ways! with the emergence of Latu , I was excited about Latu and Billingsly on the field together!
Well tbf anyone calling plays for Brady is going to look like a genius.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Normally I don't get too involved into post game discussions.

Emotions are running high and there are comments all over the place.

And rightly so.

It's a message board and this is the place to come to voice your thoughts, opinions, rants, raves, etc.

But could we please stop with all the "This is THE game Florida planned for all off season" comments?

While the Florida - Alabama game will ALWAYS have a VERY special meaning because of our unique history......THE game each season that Florida has circled, if any, is the Florida-Georgia game. It used to be Tennessee, but that was a while back.

I don't think ANY game exists that any program plans an entire off-season for.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and passion and would be happy to enjoy a beer with any member here with a toast to one hell of a game we both played.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

College Football is back! (y)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

And rightly so.

It's a message board and this is the place to come to voice your thoughts, opinions, rants, raves, etc.

But could we please stop with all the "This is THE game Florida planned for all off season" comments?

While the Florida - Alabama game will ALWAYS have a VERY special meaning because of our unique history......THE game each season that Florida has circled, if any, is the Florida-Georgia game. It used to be Tennessee, but that was a while back.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and passion and would be happy to enjoy a beer with any member here with a toast to one hell of a game we both played.

You have to prepare for every opponent during the offseason to some degree, and the tougher the opponent the more time they get. You play GA every year. You know exactly what you are going to see, offensively and defensively, from a Kirby Smart team. You rarely play Alabama, and this year's Alabama team will be very different from the team that you played in December.

So, the likelihood is that the Gators coaching staff spent more time preparing for Alabama than any other team on your schedule this year during the offseason. It may not be the game that the fans have circled, but it is the game that would require more effort in film breakdown and preparation.

But, to your point, the GA game is far more important to FL. You have to beat them to have a shot at the SECCG and the CFP. You could afford to lose to Alabama as long as you beat GA, and I think that you will.

Reactions: Bazza

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
LB Will Anderson ’we need to watch more film and make football the most important thing.’

I don’t think they are related but, Maybe NIL is detracting from play? Maybe across the board with the top teams, maybe an explanation why the top teams are not playing well?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

And rightly so.

To be fair your scout team could have beaten your first 2 opponents.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You have to prepare for every opponent during the offseason to some degree, and the tougher the opponent the more time they get. You play GA every year. You know exactly what you are going to see, offensively and defensively, from a Kirby Smart team. You rarely play Alabama, and this year's Alabama team will be very different from the team that you played in December.

So, the likelihood is that the Gators coaching staff spent more time preparing for Alabama than any other team on your schedule this year during the offseason. It may not be the game that the fans have circled, but it is the game that would require more effort in film breakdown and preparation.

But, to your point, the GA game is far more important to FL. You have to beat them to have a shot at the SECCG and the CFP. You could afford to lose to Alabama as long as you beat GA, and I think that you will.
Florida's first two games of the season were cupcakes, more or less.

No reason to show all your cards, with bigger games coming up.

One example was the use of our tight ends.

With Kyle Pitts last season, a significant part of our offense was built around tight end play, naturally.

Kyle left but Florida still had some decent talent at that position. But interesting we didn't see them in our first two games.

All of a sudden.......from Jess's write-up:

"Where Alabama really struggled was in containing two very average tight ends; Florida hadn’t thrown to a tight end yet this year, but against Alabama, tight ends caught 9 passes for 83 yards."

This is a perfect example of employing a specific strategy against a specific opponent but not necessary something that rises to the "planned the entire off season for"....but may appear that way to some.

I'm sure Alabama held certain plays back just for this game as well, that they hadn't used in the first two games. Doesn't mean they planned for this game the entire off season.....

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Has Randolph recovered from his ankle injury? I thought he was penciled in at starting RT Before the injury. did I miss something with him? If he does return, will Owens return to center? I know there were comments about bad snaps with CO, which are hard to believe after his performance at the end of last year. Or, regardless are we too far down the road with this Oline?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Love you Bazza but the entire Western Division of the SEC works 364 days a year on beating Bama. I dare say that Dan knows something about that and has come closer that most while coaching in both divisions. Great game by the way!

• Thank You

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Love you Bazza but the entire Western Division of the SEC works 364 days a year on beating Bama. I dare say that Dan knows something about that and has come closer that most while coaching in both divisions. Great game by the way!
Also, Auburn under Gus definitely spent a huge amount of time preparing for Alabama. He knew what the fans expected. Beating Alabama was essential in meeting any of their other goals.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.