Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Postgame thread - Bama @ TAMU...

TopBamaBloke

Scout Team
Jun 7, 2021
View attachment 19674
Here we go, see what we have done? The Bulldogs already crowned themselves. This will be insufferable for those of us in Georgia! I stopped answering my phone last night!
If Bama can’t win the NC this year, just take consolation in knowing that the fanbases who hate us most (auburn and the vomiteers) won’t see their teams win it. We should appreciate UGA for beating them whenever they beat them. I also hope we win out and beat UGA in the SECCG!

As for last night‘s game, it was lost because our OC called the wrong plays in the red zone.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
OL on both sides of the ball were a disaster. I don't understand how this could be with all the talent we have. Offensive play calling became predictable; on 2nd downs we just kept attempting pass plays time and time again. It doesn't take the opposing team very long to figure out what was coming. Finally, we are very fortunate that Bryce Young has not been hurt with little or no pass protection. The team is at a crossroads now. This is either a wake up call or the season is lost. I could understand this happening against a team like Georgia, but against A&M, unexplainable.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If Bama can’t win the NC this year, just take consolation in knowing that the fanbases who hate us most (auburn and the vomiteers) won’t see their teams win it. We should appreciate UGA for beating them whenever they beat them. I also hope we win out and beat UGA in the SECCG!

As for last night‘s game, it was lost because our OC called the wrong plays in the red zone.
So you don’t think giving up 41 points to the 101st ranked offense was a problem? Anyway, If UGA were to win a title, I will have to move to Montana. Which isn’t a bad thing except I don’t want to move to Montana!

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
We had more total yards pass yards run yards t.o.p. and first downs. We lost in turnovers and penalties along with the scoreboard. I think these would be easier problems to solve than the OL issue.

Reactions: seebell and twofbyc

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
So you don’t think giving up 41 points to the 101st ranked offense was a problem? Anyway, If UGA we’re to win a title, I will have to move to Montana. Which isn’t a bad thing except I don’t want to move to Montana!
Choose Wyoming. Or Utah seems nice. Heck I think I’d choose Siberia over Georgia in a year they win the NC.

TopBamaBloke

Scout Team
Jun 7, 2021
So you don’t think giving up 41 points to the 101st ranked offense was a problem? Anyway, If UGA we’re to win a title, I will have to move to Montana. Which isn’t a bad thing except I don’t want to move to Montana!
Where did I say it wasn’t a problem? We still could have won if we had run the ball during the goal-to-go plays. I wish I had moved to Montana after auburn had their successful season!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Where did I say it wasn’t a problem? We still could have won if we had run the ball during the goal-to-go plays. I wish I had moved to Montana after auburn had their successful season!
point being that you should win a football game scoring 38 points, especially to a team that’s highest offensive performance to date vs P5 was a little more than half of that!
I have been critical of the offense in this thread, but that wasn’t ‘THE’ problem !

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Ok, It‘s Monday, I have gotten most of it out. Like a sloppy drunk hangover, throw up most of the poison and you feel a little better. there will be no personnel changes mid season, so we have who we have! I thought the offense would be a little more explosive , a little better up front and the defense a lot stouter. But we are who we are! A one loss team right now, no room for error! Let’s beat the hell out of State and go from there!
ROLL TIDE!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
We had more total yards pass yards run yards t.o.p. and first downs. We lost in turnovers and penalties along with the scoreboard. I think these would be easier problems to solve than the OL issue.
Dropped passes/interceptions can make the first statement meaningless. Even Julio dropped passes sometimes - that’s on the players, not the coaches.
Bad play calling in the red zone is the biggest reason for the scoreboard but you can’t ignore the poor effort and ST breakdown. They all played their part in the end result. Players have to play better; coaches have to coach better.

Reactions: jcabama

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
So you don’t think giving up 41 points to the 101st ranked offense was a problem? Anyway, If UGA were to win a title, I will have to move to Montana. Which isn’t a bad thing except I don’t want to move to Montana!
If UGA were to win I might finally convince my wife to move. So it might be a win for me also. LOL

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL
As CNS says, a handful of plays determine the outcome of close games. This game: the 2 turnover plays, 2 FGs instead of TDs, and the dropped TD pass. Change any 1 of these five and we win.

Reactions: Con

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
As CNS says, a handful of plays determine the outcome of close games. This game: the 2 turnover plays, 2 FGs instead of TDs, and the dropped TD pass. Change any 1 of these five and we win.
And hopefully that changes this week....I still think Saban has the fire and desire to do it, but changes are warranted

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If UGA were to win I might finally convince my wife to move. So it might be a win for me also. LOL
i've had to suffer dawgs since i moved here in '93. they think they are in the top echelons of college football already, so i just don't see it getting much worse if they somehow do win it all. i guess i've developed calluses ;)

they still have half of the season with a big ole spotlight on them and an endless supply of rat poison coming their way as they will be put on a pedestal

Reactions: Tidewater

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I would say 75% coaching and 25% players not executing.

It was coaching that decided what defensive alignment we played most of the first half.
Which put a true freshman(3rd string) playing a ton of snaps.
It was coaching that decides how and when we blitz. Our blitz packages have been unimaginative to say the least over the last 3 years.
And some guys just can't tackle well and others who should be leaders don't give, what appears to the casual observer, very much effort when filling holes and attempting to bring down a running back.
If the players aren't executing, isn't that also coaching? I would certainly give coaching the credit if the players were executing to perfection. I'm of the school that believes that whatever happens, good or bad, ultimately comes back to the person charged with the responsibility. That person is Golding.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
If folks wanted to know what CNS was railing about earlier this season concerning Billingsley, all you had to do was his performance blocking in the run game. In the first quarter, he was in motion back across the formation and was suppose to “seal” on a trap play. He completely whiffed.

The “whiff” wasn’t the worst thing. The effort was nothing short of pathetic.

I texted a friend and said “that is a perfect illustration of what CNS has been raising cane about”.

Reactions: Con and FaninLA

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.