Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama v. LSU...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Great win and like the grit they are starting to show; but " this is absolutely my favorite Bama basketball team I’ve ever watched, and 2nd place isn’t even close." ?? You must be very young or have a short memory?
You know it's all relative :)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Mrs. Basket Case and I were there. Great win, if nerve wracking.

Didn’t know until listening to the radio after the game that Herb Jones is left-handed. Those clutch FTs at the end were one-handed, with his off hand.

He’s my favorite player since Antoine Pettway.

Scoring limitations acknowledged, if you can’t love and respect the bejeebers out of that warrior spirit, you just don’t have a heart.

Late Thought: Forgot to mention....in his post-game comments, Oats said that Jones had been practicing free throws with his right (off) hand in the days leading up to the game. Had his girlfriend helping him with the rebounds, which enabled him to get in more reps in the practice time.

Two thoughts there — (1) Those off-handed free throws weren’t luck. Fortune favors the prepared, and Jones prepared. Not many players would have done that. (2) He has a good girlfriend.

Last edited:

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Great win hopefully we can win the remaining games at home and steak one or two of the road games did that and make a little noise in the sec tournament and who knows.... I do think we will be that team in the sec that nobody wants to play.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The injury has made Herb Jones a better player. It has taken away his opportunities to do the thing he is worst at........shooting. His competitive spirit and hustle are awesome!
I think hes just determined to just lay it on the line every game and hes growing into that role every game.

Reactions: BamaMike05

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It was a fun game. We have an opportunity down the stretch to to get some much needed wins. We'll be favored in most of the remaining games.

Imdone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2019
Love this team, their effort and our coaching.
There's not one player on this team that isn't greatly improved over last year.
Kira is a "give me the ball", take charge leader now.
Herb is a modern day T.R. Dunn. He's never going to be a great offensive scorer but he can rebound and play defense better than anybody in the SEC IMO.
Reese needs to develop defensively and rebound wise but offensively he's made giant strides.
And God Bless Galin Smith. That young man is actually starting to hit some free throws, and his offensive boards today were critical.
John Petty.....his effort level has quadrupled and he should be one of the captains of this team.
Shackleford I love. He's like.."I don't care if I've missed 27 three's in a row, if the games on the line give me the damn ball"....SWOOSH.
Beetle, J. Davis, Forbes..they all have a role and they play it at their dead level best.
I have no idea how this season will pan out but regardless I can say without reservation, this is the most team oriented, least selfish Bama basketball team I've seen in a long long time, and I know under Coach Oates it's going to stay that way for as long as he's in T-Town.
Roll Tide! Great Win! Let's get the next one!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
@Cruiser - Probably younger than most here, but I’ve watched Bama basketball religiously for 20+ years. This team has been undermanned and against the odds all season. No matter the opponent, they haven’t quit and maintained a great style of play. I could also argue this is the first time in recent memory that we have great leadership in place as well.

Is it our most talented team in history? No, absolutely not. With that said, I’d ask anyone to show me a team that’s done more with as many bad breaks as this team has had. I don’t think recall a team, at least not on this side of the ‘00’s, that has.

I am young enough that I can’t speak to the Wimp or Newton teams first hand, which is where I’m sure most fans would pinpoint their favorite teams. But that’s also why I coined them “my favorite team” not “America’s favorite team.”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.