Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL PostGame Thread - Bama vs. Cincinnati...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I have a hard time working up much of a hatred against UGA. We don't play them every year, they've never had much success against us and I don't have to live around them. I just find it amusing that they seem to think their program historically is on par with Alabama's.

But I can see how they might become tiresome if you had to put up with them 24/7/365.
Then consider yourself fortunate. I’ve been floored in my encounters with their fan base.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have a hard time working up much of a hatred against UGA. We don't play them every year, they've never had much success against us and I don't have to live around them. I just find it amusing that they seem to think their program historically is on par with Alabama's.

But I can see how they might become tiresome if you had to put up with them 24/7/365.
I guess maybe you haven't had the privilege of being around many UGA fans.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I feel sorry for the Bama fans who have to live among them. They are undoubtedly the sorriest fans I've seen inhabiting Byant-Denny and they are the sole school whose administration has had to suspend from tailgating owing to their trashing their own campus. Think about that...

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I feel sorry for the Bama fans who have to live among them. They are undoubtedly the sorriest fans I've seen inhabiting Byant-Denny and they are the sole school whose administration has had to suspend from tailgating owing to their trashing their own campus. Think about that...
It's awful. You should see some of the posts on FB that some of their fans post. And many don't understand why you don't pull for them because you live here. They hate Alabama just because. They are 10 times worse than any Auburn fan I've ever encountered. When the barn plays UGA, I pull for the barn. It almost makes me puke.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i was at the 2007 game when their fans showed their asses and trashed our campus. i don't think they have a lot of home learning. this article is from 2015.

• Sad
Reactions: seebell and crtide

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Limited. And I said that. The encounters I've had with them have been isolated one-offs, and I've found them to be laughably obnoxious. I'm sure if I had to live around them all the time I would learn to hate them. But as it is they aren't among my hated programs.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Limited. And I said that. The encounters I've had with them have been isolated one-offs, and I've found them to be laughably obnoxious. I'm sure if I had to live around them all the time I would learn to hate them. But as it is they aren't among my hated programs.
Awesome

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Live in Georgia and the dislike comes easy

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i was at the 2007 game when their fans showed their asses and trashed our campus. i don't think they have a lot of home learning. this article is from 2015.

I was at that game in the north EZ. They stole all the pennants off the top of the stadium, all the while making that stupid "Woof-Woof" sound...

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
I was at that game in the north EZ. They stole all the pennants off the top of the stadium, all the while making that stupid "Woof-Woof" sound...
How about the tune their band plays every single time their D is in 3rd down? Apparently the only tune they know.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

NCRollTider

Dec 17, 2010
Williams, with assistance from Latu, did a good job of maintaining his cool. I would have hated for Bama to get flagged then the penalties offset.
Yah, Jameson had a rough night! I believe this play mentioned was after the kick return where he was essentially hit with a crown of the helmet on helmet targeting hit and not a word was even mentioned about it. He spent that entire series in the tent and is lucky he came out ok. I don't like to complain about referees and calls, but be consistent when it comes to something like targeting. That is exactly the kind of play you should be trying to get rid of.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.