Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Miss. State...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The way it sounded post game is that Bryce didn’t throw at all during the week leading up to this game. Could explain why he was off in the second half drives (arm fatigue/soreness?).

I’ll need to go back and watch again, but I don’t recall many timing patterns or the 5-7 yard outs he normally throws. Maybe a concern on “timing” since he had thrown during the week.

We need to get those banged up DL folks back and Seth back at center. We need them going into LSU.

Reactions: Con and NCRollTider

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When is the last time a Bama offense had less than 300 total yards in a game???

The TOP was basically even. Sure we had a short field a few times, but if anyone can't see there is a huge issue with the offense they haven't watched hardly any football in their life.

So many issues, but we might as well just start every drive with 2nd and 8, or 10 or 12, which usually leads to 3rd and ? and every drive is just a matter of how long can BY improvise.

Our passing routes are so dysfunctional that BY's first and second reads are rarely open. Is this our receivers or poor play concepts? Compare this to UT and Hooker whose 1st read is open and he shoots and fires and they keep their offense moving. This is the way Bama's offense was with Tua under center.

Last edited:

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Offense did not finish the game tonight and needs to consistently establish the best back in the league.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Roll Tide. I'll take a 24 point SEC win any day. MSU is a decent team, and we took care of business and took advantage of their mistakes. I also think we played hard with good effort. However, the offense continues to be easy to defend. Other teams seem to be in our huddle and know the play. Our only success is when Bryce scrambles long enough for the receivers to improvise. The running game was awful. Roll Tide!

Reactions: bama579 and The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
This team will not beat LSU and may also lose to Ole Miss if they play the way they have this season. It's a shame. We have more talent than every single team we face. Every single one. So what is the problem? Coaching. Obviously. This staff is pathetic at getting the most out of these players. The coordinators are so sub par for Bama. NOt that a dang thing will change this year. We are stuck with this crap show. The saddest thing is I'm not sure a thing will change before next year.
We beat a ranked team by more than 3 TDs...A team that averages 35* points per game had to use garbage time and TOs to score on the last play...they didn't even get to try their XP...
When I play golf...If I win I win...doesn't matter if I couldnt putt that day, or my driver was off...I walk away with money...we got money last night...we covered...we won by MORE than the experts expected...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Twerp-manlike performance by both coordinators - 'Tate's air-raid plays right into the hands of 'Bama's "lightbackers" and ToTo's allergy against stopping the run or anything crossing continues. Physical play on the outside was a welcome sight but goes against Gol*ings' passivism (pacifism?) and calling BOB an OC continues to be an allegation instead of a salutation - 29 yds rushing is an abomination even if your center was Gilligan on an island...
What's your gig? $10 says you don't call Golding a "TWERP" to his face...Keyboard strength.

Reactions: 92tide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The question for us is which LSU team will we get in two weeks?. “The gang that couldn’t shoot straight” like against Auburn, FSU and Tennessee or the guys that showed up and looked like SEC West contenders versus Florida, Mississippi State and Ole Miss?

At the beginning of the year, I felt LSU was the big unknown. We know Orge & his motley crew had recruited well. Talent was probably there but depth, discipline and overall toxic attitudes were the big “ifs”. This was a team with the greatest distance between ceiling and basement. And so far they have played just about that way.

One thing is certain: BOB better figure out how to get production in the run game or Bryce could be running for his life back there..They have the edge guys to do that.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
When is the last time a Bama offense had less than 300 total yards in a game???

The TOP was basically even. Sure we had a short field a few times, but if anyone can't see there is a huge issue with the offense they haven't watched hardly any football in their life.

So many issues, but we might as well just start every drive with 2nd and 8, or 10 or 12, which usually leads to 3rd and ? and every drive is just a matter of how long can BY improvise.

Our passing routes are so dysfunctional that BY's first and second reads are rarely open. Is this our receivers or poor play concepts? Compare this to UT and Hooker whose 1st read is open and he shoots and fires and they keep their offense moving. This is the way Bama's offense was with Tua under center.
This is a big concern in my mind. I would love to see stats on how often we have been in “2nd and 8+ yards” this season. It seems we are constantly “behind the sticks” . Conversely, it seems other offenses stress us more defensively by being “on schedule” in 2nd and 6 or less”.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Alabama only had 290 yards of offense. Is MSU's defense that good?
No, Bama was lethargic on offense. I didn’t see much intensity or enthusiasm at all. The rushing yards tell the tale. MSU ain’t that good. Evertime Gibbs got the ball seemed like an MSU defender was in the backfield.
For me, jury’s still out. I didn’t think The Who’s could beat Florida or Ole Miss and they beat both handily. If Bama plays no better than they have in the last two games, they get loss #2 in two weeks.
One week offense is good and they lose; next week defense is good and they win. Against LSU, both units have to play well for Bama to get a win. It’s looking like the West title may be on the line.

Reactions: TIDE24 and CB4

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Alabama only had 290 yards of offense. Is MSU's defense that good?
They do appear to have a good defense. The most that's been scored on them this year was 31 by LSU. Their defensive game plan for Bama was very good. It was as if they knew what play Bama was going to run each down. They were stopping our run, and their DBs were excellent.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
They do appear to have a good defense. The most that's been scored on them this year was 31 by LSU. Their defensive game plan for Bama was very good. It was as if they knew what play Bama was going to run each down. They were stopping our run, and their DBs were excellent.
It’s because they DID know. But then again so does my 13 year old MS Cheerleader Granddaughter.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't think our oc is particularly good, BUT, if we can't block better WITHOUT holding penalties no oc alive can scheme that. Not sure if we aren't recruiting the right guys or if we aren't developing them. also Bryce is still limited in my view by the injury.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It’s because they DID know. But then again so does my 13 year old MS Cheerleader Granddaughter.
They don't even have to steal signs like clempson does.

1st down - run (unless there is 30 seconds left in a tie game in FG range then you throw it of course.)
2nd down - throw it deep or try to have Bryce make a play
3rd down - try to have Bryce make a play (no running)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.