Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. Ole Miss...

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Defense needs to show up like that each week if we are going to win like we are accustomed to winning.

That first half on offense was pretty bad. Embarrassing to lose 22 yards after a first and goal at the 1.

Happy for the win. Told my buddy at the half, I'd take a 9-7 win and go home happy.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
He called a great game! And the boys executed it well. Great to see the energy they get from one another. Fun guys to watch.
This is an Alabama defense. I’ve missed this type of play. They have been really good all year. They finally gave out against Texas, but they were put in bad spot after bad spot in that game and the only reason Bama had a shot in the 4th to be in the game was the defense.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm glad we didn't lose to Ole Miss, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say it was a good win. The OL allowed so many negative plays in the first half to a pretty average defense. Hard to believe we continue to struggle with shotgun snaps. The defense is very good and it's great to see Malachi play at such a high level. Good second half, but we sure can't afford first halves like that against the rest of our SEC schedule.
I agree. Until we play an entire game that's close to the Bama standard, there's going to be concern about who we really are.

The 1st half team, while better than the performance against USF, would struggle to beat almost any SEC team.

The second half team gives us a fighting chance most games.

Super glad for the win, but we've got a lot of work to do to become SECCG worthy.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
From where I sat some observations:
1. We played hard and played together...not perfect, but together.
2. This team is learning what it takes to win in effort and execution. They depended on superstars the last few years, especially offensively. TR called a really good game. The OL finally came together.
3. Except for one play in the 1st half -- QB draw -- KS called a great game. No way you leave the middle open. I'll give them the 4th down pass late -- great play call by LK.
4. We played a lot of people -- on both sides of the ball -- especially in the lines. I thought #30 -- Jihaad Campbell -- played fantastic in replacing #32 -- Deontae Lawson. Tim Keenan III kept showing up on the DL. Many, many others played well and hard.
5. Scoring is down across the board in big games as teams are going back to more running attacks to maintain ball control and shorten the game.
6. There are no perfect teams, offensively or defensively -- all have weaknesses, although Oregon did not show many yesterday.
7. The OSU/ND game was a classic...I actually watched it to the end -- which was late over here in EDT.

Enough of my rambling...TF does a lot to promote mental health as we can get it off our chests, so to speak.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
From where I sat some observations:
1. We played hard and played together...not perfect, but together.
2. This team is learning what it takes to win in effort and execution. They depended on superstars the last few years, especially offensively. TR called a really good game. The OL finally came together.
3. Except for one play in the 1st half -- QB draw -- KS called a great game. No way you leave the middle open. I'll give them the 4th down pass late -- great play call by LK.
4. We played a lot of people -- on both sides of the ball -- especially in the lines. I thought #30 -- Jihaad Campbell -- played fantastic in replacing #32 -- Deontae Lawson. Tim Keenan III kept showing up on the DL. Many, many others played well and hard.
5. Scoring is down across the board in big games as teams are going back to more running attacks to maintain ball control and shorten the game.
6. There are no perfect teams, offensively or defensively -- all have weaknesses, although Oregon did not show many yesterday.
7. The OSU/ND game was a classic...I actually watched it to the end -- which was late over here in EDT.

Enough of my rambling...TF does a lot to promote mental health as we can get it off our chests, so to speak.
OSU/ND one of the best games I've seen in a while. Can't beat the drama of a score on the last play of the game for a win.

I was actually hoping for a ND win...can't believe I just wrote that.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
This is what I've been thinking about. You tend to maybe slack off a bit if you think someone else is going to win the game for you. When you realize "hey if I don't play my best, we are going to lose" you tend to get it in gear.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I was exhausted after the game ... literally. Started watching ND/tOSU and decided to just go to bed so I haven't re-watched our game yet.

Is it possible that Milroe overthrew his intended receiver rather than trying to hit the guy in the end zone when the ball was intercepted?

Reactions: Padreruf

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We are making progress. If JM keeps making incremental improvements, and the O line keeps making incremental improvements, we should be in the race for the West. If we make enough improvement and avoid major injuries , who knows how far we can go. Wouldn't trade our defense for anyone in the country.
We knew this would be a team that would have to develop as the season progressed...and so it is. No easy wins ahead...but the good news is that if we continue to develop all are winnable.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I was not happy at halftime. Poor play calling. Poor execution. Undisciplined play resulting in penalties. Bad turnover on the misread by Milroe cost us a TD.

But...we played much better in the 2nd half. The defense really stepped up. The offense came out and played much better. Milroe didn't let the mistakes in the 1st half bother him. I was really pleased in how he played in the 2nd half. It's obvious that we're going to sink or swim with him, so I hope he continues to improve with coaching and experience.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As long as you post there, but don't read all the other posts. They are depressing...
I started to post that all you get there is insight into the personalities of the members. One hopes that it's their dark sides. :) I hear Steele getting all the credit, when Lane has already told us it's Robinson... :)

Latest threads