Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Hogs...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I think the problem with “just run the offense” is BOB doesn’t even know what that means. I mean honestly, I can’t even explain what our offensive identity is, even with Bryce in the game. The high scores speak for themselves but it’s still hard to pinpoint what our identity IS.
Fair point. I cannot post what Saban screamed into the headset on 2nd and goal in the 4Q

Reactions: BamaNation

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sprained shoulder sounds real good compared to what we thought at the end of the second quarter.

Earle, I'm sure you've had this injury. So we are waiting for your diagnosis. 😁
LOL! One shoulder without a cuff and both with one biceps tendon missing, I'd say you're right. Didn't look too bad, with that overthrow. I'm sure it hurt. It'll keep him out I'd say at least a couple of weeks unless the MRI, etc., show something worse...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think the problem with “just run the offense” is BOB doesn’t even know what that means. I mean honestly, I can’t even explain what our offensive identity is, even with Bryce in the game. The high scores speak for themselves but it’s still hard to pinpoint what our identity IS.
Yep.

We score 50 points a game despite it really.

Somebody mentioned in the game thread that BOB's offensive strategy is to be in 3rd and short. He's so built for the NFL that he can't see past the glasses at the end of his nose!

I don't think he understands we have a QB and young receivers that can just make 1st down every play!

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
She asked what Saban thought about the resilience of the team.
That was pretty funny tbh.

“Coach, with your Heisman QB out, tell us about the resiliency of your team”

CNS- “That’s nice. But how about we talk about the team and how resilient they were! That’s what I want to talk about!”

“Coach that’s what I….ok you know what, yeah just tell us about the team”

😆

I think he realized his mistake when she reiterated

tmaxam99

Suspended until 2024
Nov 15, 2009
What a great game of play calling by Bill O'Brien and the offensive line opening the wholes for the running backs to total 317yds rushing.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It means get the ball in the hands of your playmakers in space. That is done differently in every game.
That’s right. With Milroe and the current stable of backs this offense could be lethal and fun to watch. Too much power and speed as seen in the 4Q.

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yep.

Somebody mentioned in the game thread that BOB's offensive strategy is to be in 3rd and short. He's so built for the NFL that he can't see past the glasses at the end of his nose!

I don't think he understands we have a QB and young receivers that can just make 1st down every play!
His offense is built around the idea of having a Tom Brady like quarterback that can read your defense under 10 seconds and adjust. The problem is that the OC has far more of an impact on a game in college than he does in the NFL. BoB just sits up in the booth and expects Bryce to call his shot.

Reactions: BamaMoon

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yep.

Yeah. If you average 6-7 yards per play then you don’t even need to get to 3rd down.

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaMoon

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
That was pretty funny tbh.

“Coach, with your Heisman QB out, tell us about the resiliency of your team”

CNS- “That’s nice. But how about we talk about the team and how resilient they were! That’s what I want to talk about!”

“Coach that’s what I….ok you know what, yeah just tell us about the team”

😆

I think he realized his mistake when she reiterated
I mean, he is 70…

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I edited Danielson’s remark with respect to O’Brien about the Sooies stuffing the RPO when they went on their run:

“Alabama’s a (predictable) passing team now…”

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What a great game of play calling by Bill O'Brien and the offensive line opening the wholes for the running backs to total 317yds rushing.
This is kinda what I was talking about earlier. The end results are amazing but we still have the defibrillators ready the entire 2nd half…

It’s so weird

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Milroe is a legitimate weapon, scheme a few plays for him and a hundy is no problem, but that is not in our comfort zone.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Got to say, going into the 4th quarter, I’d have never thought Gibbs was going tie Najee for 10th most rushing yards in school history and the team would be over 300 rushing yards.
Yeah, it was great to see those 3 runs, but let's face it, they were more about Arkansas's poor defense.

We still didn't run the ball with much consistency outside those 3 plays.

Reactions: FaninLA

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.