Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Hogs...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It really must suck to be an Arky fan during Saban’s tenure. They need one of our players to injure our Heisman QB, and they still get blown out. Oof…

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
And the fact that the refs missed a blatant block in the back by Latu makes it all the more sweet. Seriously not even kidding. If we’re going to have incompetent officials, they could at least be consistent.
That was not a block in the back. The initial blocking was in front (mainly screening the defender) and the defender turned to go after the runner. At that point he tripped over Latu's foot; there was nothing illegal on that. There was no upper body contact when the player went down.

(Milroe's run is at the 14:50 mark in the 4th quarter for anyone who has it recorded.)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Jimbo is going to have his group ready to play because, like Auburn, win this game and get a contract extension. But I sure wouldn't want to gameplan this week against Alabama.

Reactions: day-day

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It really must suck to be an Arky fan during Saban’s tenure. They need one of our players to injure our Heisman QB, and they still get blown out. Oof…
Well they had trouble of beating us until they finally did. In 95 they needed the refs to beat us for the first time in years, and then they started to beat us when Nutt got to play against the Mikes.

I think @selmaborntidefan was in Arkansas when they beat iirc

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
That was not a block in the back. The initial blocking was in front (mainly screening the defender) and the defender turned to go after the runner. At that point he tripped over Latu's foot; there was nothing illegal on that. There was no upper body contact when the player went down.

(Milroe's run is at the 14:50 mark in the 4th quarter for anyone who has it recorded.)
Looked like it to me but they didn’t call it, so it’s moot. Milroe just looks so fast out there (duh right?). He is so athletically gifted.

Reactions: day-day

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Yeah, it was great to see those 3 runs, but let's face it, they were more about Arkansas's poor defense.

We still didn't run the ball with much consistency outside those 3 plays.
You know what let’s just not. We complained all season about the running game. We lost our qb in a game where the goal was to exploit there secondary. This team finds a way and our fans find away to complain about something. It’s become tiresome.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You know what let’s just not. We complained all season about the running game. We lost our qb in a game where the goal was to exploit there secondary. This team finds a way and our fans find away to complain about something. It’s become tiresome.
I'd say more than a complaint, that's just a fair analysis.

It was a great team win, I agree.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I think the problem with “just run the offense” is BOB doesn’t even know what that means. I mean honestly, I can’t even explain what our offensive identity is, even with Bryce in the game. The high scores speak for themselves but it’s still hard to pinpoint what our identity IS.
Our current offensive identity is simply having more talent than the other team...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Every time one of our QB's rolls out toward the sideline and doesn't seem to have a play, I'm "encouraging" them to just throw it away. We lost Tua that way and now could have lost Bryce (I saw Coach thinks he's okay). In Bryce's case, he was ruled down anyway and had plenty of time to just toss it into the sideline and would have saved the yardage. Live to play the next play, or the next series.

Good experience for Milroe.

Looking forward to pounding Jimbo's 8&4 squad next weekend.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.