Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. The Hogs...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
His offense is built around the idea of having a Tom Brady like quarterback that can read your defense under 10 seconds and adjust. The problem is that the OC has far more of an impact on a game in college than he does in the NFL. BoB just sits up in the booth and expects Bryce to call his shot.
Anybody looks good as an OC with brady as your qb. Bob has no idea how to set up an offense. Remember in the NC game against OSU when Mac fumbled the ball? Later in the game they lined up the same way and blitzed the same blitz as before and Mac hit najee for a TD? Sark learned from that play and adjusted. I do t think bob can do that....

Reactions: theballguy

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
My opinion on this team. Still Something not right. They are very, very dominant at times, they play like crap at times. Still way too many penalties, mistakes, turnovers, missed assignments. I can’t believe the Dline got totally manhandled at times. I mean a power QB sneak from 3 yards away and just got ran over. That was weak, very weak. Still like the teams chances. Too much talent not too.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What a great game of play calling by Bill O'Brien and the offensive line opening the wholes for the running backs to total 317yds rushing.
Did you not see coach Saban On the sidelines after an incomplete pass on third and three late in the third quarter . You could lip read him yelling into the microphone ‘Run the Damn ball’

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My opinion on this team. Still Something not right. They are very, very dominant at times, they play like crap at times. Still way too many penalties, mistakes, turnovers, missed assignments. I can’t believe the Dline got totally manhandled at times. I mean a power QB sneak from 3 yards away and just got ran over. That was weak, very weak. Still like the teams chances. Too much talent not too.
You know Arkansas qb are hard to bring down? That's how strong he is

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The D line consists of only 2 down linemen on most plays. We use 4 LBs . The D linemen did a fairly respectable job so eating double was the MLBs that played poorly toda.y.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Back to Bama/Arkansas game:

My quick thoughts:

1) Young injury likely will keep him out for a game or 2. Saban said it's day to day, but I'm not too sure.
2) Seth Maclaughlin Did hell of a job tonight, but his snap is a concern, but I think it's correctable. Does he win the job over Dalcourt? I don't know. I think we'll see rotation at C next weekend.
3) Running game came alive, and I don't know if it's because of McLaughin or OL finally clicking.... or we were holding back, but either way, It was pretty sight to watch.

4) Milroe is very raw as a Passer, but we must remember AJ, Mac, Jalen and Tua wasn't ready at one time. I really wish we would use Milroe more in running game, but I suspect they may be saving for later.

5) Did anyone know who was the third Star after Branch/Moore went out? Kool Aid. Kid went in Blind and had no clue and he did okay job.

6) This game would've been a blowout if we hadn't make critical mistakes.

Overall, If Young isn't able to go, I think we will be okay against TAMU.
I agree with pretty much what you said, but #4 I don't know about, if we use him more in running game and he gets hurt we have a true freshmen who playing high school this time last year, do we really want that

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree with pretty much what you said, but #4 I don't know about, if we use him more in running game and he gets hurt we have a true freshmen who playing high school this time last year, do we really want that
This is the game of football. We take chances and hope for the best. We can't just coddle players and hope they don't get hurt. Saban doesn't do that...

Reactions: BamaInBham

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I'm in nashville preparing for the 'Elton John concert tomorrow nite and getting updates from the cbs app I can see this was a wild game. This team is by far a superior team to any in the sec. They just need to play a little more as a team and nobody will be able to beat them. Roll Tide!!!!!!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
2) Seth Maclaughlin Did hell of a job tonight, but his snap is a concern, but I think it's correctable. Does he win the job over Dalcourt? I don't know. I think we'll see rotation at C next weekend.
3) Running game came alive, and I don't know if it's because of McLaughin or OL finally clicking.... or we were holding back, but either way, It was pretty sight to watch.
IMHO, having Cohen and Booker take over the guard reps was the first step toward the OL getting better. They are both drastically better than KR. KR does ok as the 6th guy blocking outside, but inside he just doesn't move the big dudes.

SM taking over is the second step. DD gets pushed back off the line often, doesn't execute combo blocks well at all, and doesn't climb to the second level with any degree of effectiveness. DD surrendered more sacks than any other OL last season, probably this year also. This, despite he often isn't covered by a DL. I know the coaches have given him accolades, but I've never seen it.

SM wasn't perfect tonight, but he gets more push off the line, turns his hips while moving his feet to drive guys out of the hole, nails the combo blocks and gets to the second level consistently. On both the long Gibbs runs he made second level blocks to clear the hole that DD never would have made.

Bottom line, We need SM next to Cohen or Booker for the OL to function at the level we need to be competitive.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
ASU making things interesting....enough to stay awake? meh....we shall see....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.