Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. UGA...

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I was concerned about this game because of already clinching the regular season title, just beating Auburn, and Georgia being lousy. So I'm not surprised with the struggle win. Let's just not take this type of ball to NCAA tourney, or we'll be bounced earlier that we'd like.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I was concerned about this game because of already clinching the regular season title, just beating Auburn, and Georgia being lousy. So I'm not surprised with the struggle win. Let's just not take this type of ball to NCAA tourney, or we'll be bounced earlier that we'd like.
My concerns as well. Terrible first half, but glad they did not quit and fought back. Thanks goodness for Quinerly's leadership in the second half. I hope they play oth halves in the SEC. I expect we will be playing KY; a dangerous team at the moment.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I always forget to quit posting in the game thread after the game is over and JUST before it is locked so I will repeat myself...

59 second half points. Need to take this into the tournament.
I guess that's my fault. I always open the postgame before closing the game thread. I probably should reverse that...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Down go the dawgs! It's never a bad day when you beat the dawgs at anything. It wasn't a classic by any stretch but the guys showed some grit by overcoming a 14 point deficit. Old Bama would have crumbled and been run out of the gym, but this isn't your father's Bama!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Down go the dawgs! It's never a bad day when you beat the dawgs at anything. It wasn't a classic by any stretch but the guys showed some grit by overcoming a 14 point deficit. Old Bama would have crumbled and been run out of the gym, but this isn't your father's Bama!
"Old Bama" to me is Newton-Hobbs-Sanderson, so, no, Old Bama wouldn't have crumbled. It's a shame so many fans memories now begin with Gottfried...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
"Old Bama" to me is Newton-Hobbs-Sanderson, so, no, Old Bama wouldn't have crumbled. It's a shame so many fans memories now begin with Gottfried...
I started with Hobbs when he was coasting down off the momentum of the Sanderson era. I recall Antonio McDysse and the team that fell to Oklahoma State in the 4/5 game of the ncaa tournament. Then the next year we lost to Glen Robinson and Purdue.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Dang, we had a 4 point lead and momentum, then went 0-10, never scored another point, and lost the game to IL. :cautious:
That one is tough. Illinois is like Arkie right now. Really thought you all would win that one

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.