Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. UGA...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
IDK. It's likely that we'll face UK and Arkansas will face Mizzou. Both those teams are showing signs of waking up to the level of their talent...
Yes. I just have to remind myself we’ve beaten all these teams except Mizzou (and except A&M who we didn’t get to face) and we should have beaten Mizzou on their floor.

We went 16-2 for a reason.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We and Arkansas will be the favorites for the SECT, and Arkansas is undeniably hot. We ain’t shabby, either. But for betting value, I’d take Kentucky.

As Earle mentioned, their talent is starting to come around. I would add that Calipari didn’t just all of a sudden forget how to coach.

The Cats may not win the tournament, but I think they have a far better chance than their record would indicate.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I'd never bet against Kentucky in B'ball just like, I'd never bet against Alabama in football, but, if we're hitting those 3's Bama will run any team in the country off the court..

It's going too be really fun watching us the next 3-4yrs when alll that talent Coach Oats is recruiting comes to Tuscaloosa..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We are 0-11 vs Kentucky in the SEC tournament since we last beat them, in 1983. We will just have to end that streak. Unless State can beat them. I think they can but I suspect it will be a close game as UK has rebounded a bit.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Yes. I just have to remind myself we’ve beaten all these teams except Mizzou (and except A&M who we didn’t get to face) and we should have beaten Mizzou on their floor.

We went 16-2 for a reason.
And don't forget the game at Arkansas. The way the refs called that game that day, no team in the country would have beaten Arkansas.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
Great regular season.
Happy for the regular season SEC championship.
We've had some "struggle" wins and have always had someone step up to seal the deal.
Would love to win SEC tourney as well but wouldn't be mad about having an extra day or two of rest before the big dance, either.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Well, Sparty just took out Michigan...
Did NOT see that coming ... this REALLY getting interesting. If Illinois wins the Big 10 tourney, I won't be surprised to see Michigan drop to Region 4. If we win the tourney AND if Illinois wins ... there's an outside chance we pass Michigan as a #1 seed.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
Well, I didn't get to watch much of the game Saturday live and popped in the in-game thread in the first half criticizing the offense. In the second half, which I didn't get to see live, the offense showed up and they scored 59 points. 8-10 on threes in a half will work every time! If that offense shows up for extended periods combined with the defensive intensity that's been mostly consistent, Bama will be hard to beat in the postseason. It's going to be interesting to see if they can sustain good play because for a lot of the second half of the SEC season, they have not been able to.

I will say as a long time Bama basketball fan that I am thrilled with the year overall. Winning the regular season SEC and being 21-6 overall and a consensus projected #2 seed in the NCAA tournament is awesome! It feels great after being mediocre for such a long time. But as the season progressed and the team was doing so well, you start to look at things through a different lens. You start asking how will the team compete against the best teams in postseason. Right now, that's unknown. We lost to pretty much every decent to good non-conference team we played. Granted, most of those were early in the year when we were trying to mesh. Our gaudy SEC record may be a little misleading. I think the SEC is at least a little down overall. And I think one thing that has given Bama an advantage in the basketball season (and in football too), has been how well they have handled COVID. There have really been little to no hiccups due to COVID positives and contact tracing that have affected people's availability in a major way (besides Saban of course). And I think that's given Bama a leg up in both sports. All of that to say, as good as this season has been, there are a lot of questions as to how Bama will do in the postseason. It could be really good or could be a flameout. But it ought to be exciting! And I can't wait to watch.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Well, I didn't get to watch much of the game Saturday live and popped in the in-game thread in the first half criticizing the offense. In the second half, which I didn't get to see live, the offense showed up and they scored 59 points. 8-10 on threes in a half will work every time! If that offense shows up for extended periods combined with the defensive intensity that's been mostly consistent, Bama will be hard to beat in the postseason. It's going to be interesting to see if they can sustain good play because for a lot of the second half of the SEC season, they have not been able to.

I will say as a long time Bama basketball fan that I am thrilled with the year overall. Winning the regular season SEC and being 21-6 overall and a consensus projected #2 seed in the NCAA tournament is awesome! It feels great after being mediocre for such a long time. But as the season progressed and the team was doing so well, you start to look at things through a different lens. You start asking how will the team compete against the best teams in postseason. Right now, that's unknown. We lost to pretty much every decent to good non-conference team we played. Granted, most of those were early in the year when we were trying to mesh. Our gaudy SEC record may be a little misleading. I think the SEC is at least a little down overall. And I think one thing that has given Bama an advantage in the basketball season (and in football too), has been how well they have handled COVID. There have really been little to no hiccups due to COVID positives and contact tracing that have affected people's availability in a major way (besides Saban of course). And I think that's given Bama a leg up in both sports. All of that to say, as good as this season has been, there are a lot of questions as to how Bama will do in the postseason. It could be really good or could be a flameout. But it ought to be exciting! And I can't wait to watch.
For some reason there is this stigma that the SEC is down. But the SEC is ranked as the 3rd best conference behind the Big 10 & Big 12. The only reason this is the case is because of Kentucky having a bad year. Other than that this is an above average year for the SEC. Our conference actually won the SEC/Big 12 challenge. It baffles me that we are getting more respect from the national media than our own fans.

We are a VERY good basketball team, and I expect us to show it in the tournament. You never know what might happen, depending on matchups, but I expect us to get to Sunday of the SECT, and the 2nd weekend of the NCAAT.

I think we found our offense in the 2nd half vs UGA. These next few weeks should be fun.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.