Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Postgame Thread - Bama vs. UGA...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think the non-UGA fans in Georgia are happy that Alabama won, they don’t have to worry about grown folks barking at their children anymore.
the owner of the local drugstore next door to our office is an auburn grad and massive fan. i last talked to him the friday before the iron bowl. he didn't think they had a chance against us, but he said "i hope y'all beat the [crap] out of georgia".

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
As always, I haven't read rest of the posts on this thread so here's my thoughts:

On offense:
I give the playcalling A-, the highest grade I've given to BOB this season. He did everything we've been begging for since TAMU:
-Used more motion pre-snap and oribit ( taking a page from Sark)
-ran quick routes on early downs
-max protections and using TE as motion.
-The blocking scheme changed (I'll touch on that in a little bit.)
-Put more Receivers on the field
-Didn't call predictable plays for the most part.
Everything the staff did to prepared the team against Georgia, we should've done that weeks ago after the bye week... I sometime think It was done on purpose to keep team off balanced in later season.

I don't know if Dan Mullin was in town to help with game planning, but whatever it was, it worked and it doesn't bode well for teams in playoff.

on Heisman: Young locked it up for good last night with his performance.... IMO he locked it up against Auburn... but congratulations to him.

OL- What a performance by OL! You can tell the way they were blocking, it was night and day compared from Auburn game last week. Rumor has it that Joe Pendry helped with preparation and some of connected folks seem to suggest that as well. The OL was NASTY last night. he The performance by BOB's playcalling bode well.. we saw what he can do when OL blocks for Young, and I think BOB will be back next season but I'm not so sure about Marrone. we'll see.

On Jordan Davis- What a brilliant game plan. Go hurry up tempo... to force Davis to stay on field longer/ bench... we essentially took him out of the game and defense was average without him.

On Defense: B plus
IM proud of those guys. We keep dropping the int ball. Had Battle caaught the ball in 1st quarter, it would've changed things going forward. Not that it matters. Defense looked solid, less confusion and only reason I gave them B plus is because secondary continues to have their issues... back to back to back PI? We have to get that cleaned up. I think we've had 2 calls that led to Georgia to put points on board. without that, I think it would be maybe 48-7 something.

on Injuries: I don't understand why we have several ACL injuries by RB/WRs but that's something we need tto address this season. I don't think It's the SC staff. I think it just happened ... Staff will learn from it and make adjustment.. but I wouldn't be shocked if we add well known name to the staff if there is opportunites. Losing Metchie hurts, but guess what? Holden/Brooks are capable of holding down the fort and they will do well with a month of prepartion. What's funny is that Hall was ahead of those guys at some point and look what happened.

I expect Leary to get more snaps in case Sanders can't go. We may have to go pass heavy in a month.. which is fine with us.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, I'm not a fan of the Gators in any way, shape, or form, but you've never done anything but show class around here. Thank you, my friend. Go Gators and Roll Tide!

Wow....thank you for the nice words @teamplayer !

All credit goes to my 2 amazing parents.

I'm grateful we have this incredible platform along with all the folks who frequent it, including yourself, to share our passions!

That game last night was beyond insane!

On so many levels!

Indeed GG and RTR!

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Haven't really seen this mentioned, but I am glad we emphatically silenced that whole "better than 2011 Bama defense" argument. This GA defense was/is good, but never looked better than 2011 Bama to me.

Plus they were playing against offenses that were mostly anemic even outside of their games vs GA. I still don't think we will see a defense as good as 2011 Bama again...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This win may be one of the top three most satisfying of my lifetime. I don’t recall getting so much disrespect leading up to a game since the 1993 Sugar Bowl. It’s one thing when you’re given no chance because you’re on probation and you’re dealing with massive injuries to a depleted roster. But the media last week was almost giddy in their excitement of the inevitable beat down Georgia was about to administer.

Im thankful for the long break now. We need the time to come down off this high and refocus. Because you are going to get whiplash from how fast the media will pivot to Alabama going ahead and being crowned before we even play. I’ve made my thoughts known about Cincinnati and their not deserving a playoff bid, but the reality is they are good enough to win and now they will hear for a month that they have no chance.

I hate all the damn injuries and I don’t understand why we’ve been plagued so badly. Ultimately we’ve still won a ton of hardware but I hate it for guys like Metchie. I’m praying for a miracle that he’s been misdiagnosed.

Finally, while I don’t necessarily subscribe to the true concept of Karma, I do believe what goes around comes around and I firmly believe Kirby’s dirty deeds shapes this game every time it’s played. He coaches tight and I believe it’s his conscience. Call me crazy, but I’ve yet to see evidence otherwise. And tactically, until he gets an elite QB and let’s him run a modern offense, he is going to have to dodge Alabama somehow. And he better hope Billy Napier isn’t about to do that at Florida. There will be no dodging it then. Due to the huge letdown of this loss, I wouldn’t be surprised if Georgia drops to Michigan.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Briefly listened to 680 The Fan on my way to pick up a prescription. They are not happy with Kirby today. One of these idiots said that if Kirby had just put in Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High (JT Daniels), uga would have come back and won or put up a better effort. This is the same bunch that said the QB did not matter. Now they are completely dejected and only Damone can save them. Man they turned on Bennett quick.

Reactions: 92tide

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
That was in the my top 10 all time wins. What a great game by the offense, defense and special teams. Don't forget about out punter who had a great game! Still smiling this morning here at Whataburger from ear to ear :)

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Finally, while I don’t necessarily subscribe to the true concept of Karma, I do believe what goes around comes around and I firmly believe Kirby’s dirty deeds shapes this game every time it’s played. He coaches tight and I believe it’s his conscience.
Kirby's body language around CNS is something to watch too. In every interview, etc I saw leading up to this game, it was like Kirby refused to make eye contact. He seemed to look down and away a lot. Overall, he just seemed to have a nervous demeanor. I remember him looking that way prior to previous meetings between our teams as well.

Not sure if that is just how Kirby is normally, but it seemed pretty telling to me...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Kirby's body language around CNS is something to watch too. In every interview, etc I saw leading up to this game, it was like Kirby refused to make eye contact. He seemed to look down and away a lot. Overall, he just seemed to have a nervous demeanor. I remember him looking that way prior to previous meetings between our teams as well.

Not sure if that is just how Kirby is normally, but it seemed pretty telling to me...
That type of public interface would likely be difficult for anyone who has worked for and now competes against a legend. Kirby works his tail off on the recruiting trail and has a team that still has a chance to win a national championship. He handled himself very well at the halftime interview, knowing I believe, how difficult it is to beat a hot QB. My impression is that he and CNS have put aside any animosity that might exist from his departure. They both understand and respect the fact that it is inevitable that they will meet in big games as long as CNS is coaching.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

He knows who his daddy is. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: oldtimetider

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That type of public interface would likely be difficult for anyone who has worked for and now competes against a legend. Kirby works his tail off on the recruiting trail and has a team that still has a chance to win a national championship. He handled himself very well at the halftime interview, knowing I believe, how difficult it is to beat a hot QB. My impression is that he and CNS have put aside any animosity that might exist from his departure. They both understand and respect the fact that it is inevitable that they will meet in big games as long as CNS is coaching.
That may well be the case. But what he did is not something one lives down. It will prey on his conscience as long as he’s facing Nick Saban.

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
As always, I haven't read rest of the posts on this thread so here's my thoughts:

On offense:
I give the playcalling A-, the highest grade I've given to BOB this season. He did everything we've been begging for since TAMU:
-Used more motion pre-snap and oribit ( taking a page from Sark)
-ran quick routes on early downs
-max protections and using TE as motion.
-The blocking scheme changed (I'll touch on that in a little bit.)
-Put more Receivers on the field
-Didn't call predictable plays for the most part.
Everything the staff did to prepared the team against Georgia, we should've done that weeks ago after the bye week... I sometime think It was done on purpose to keep team off balanced in later season.

I don't know if Dan Mullin was in town to help with game planning, but whatever it was, it worked and it doesn't bode well for teams in playoff.

on Heisman: Young locked it up for good last night with his performance.... IMO he locked it up against Auburn... but congratulations to him.

OL- What a performance by OL! You can tell the way they were blocking, it was night and day compared from Auburn game last week. Rumor has it that Joe Pendry helped with preparation and some of connected folks seem to suggest that as well. The OL was NASTY last night. he The performance by BOB's playcalling bode well.. we saw what he can do when OL blocks for Young, and I think BOB will be back next season but I'm not so sure about Marrone. we'll see.

On Jordan Davis- What a brilliant game plan. Go hurry up tempo... to force Davis to stay on field longer/ bench... we essentially took him out of the game and defense was average without him.

On Defense: B plus
IM proud of those guys. We keep dropping the int ball. Had Battle caaught the ball in 1st quarter, it would've changed things going forward. Not that it matters. Defense looked solid, less confusion and only reason I gave them B plus is because secondary continues to have their issues... back to back to back PI? We have to get that cleaned up. I think we've had 2 calls that led to Georgia to put points on board. without that, I think it would be maybe 48-7 something.

on Injuries: I don't understand why we have several ACL injuries by RB/WRs but that's something we need tto address this season. I don't think It's the SC staff. I think it just happened ... Staff will learn from it and make adjustment.. but I wouldn't be shocked if we add well known name to the staff if there is opportunites. Losing Metchie hurts, but guess what? Holden/Brooks are capable of holding down the fort and they will do well with a month of prepartion. What's funny is that Hall was ahead of those guys at some point and look what happened.

I expect Leary to get more snaps in case Sanders can't go. We may have to go pass heavy in a month.. which is fine with us.
I think Sanders had a concussion. He looked fine later. Gave BY a hug on the sideline later in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.