Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Utah State Aggies...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Injury report after game 1:

Cameron Latu - (knee) May be back for game 2, depending on how he does in practice this week.

Elijah Pritchett - (torn pectoral) The freshman may be out some time, and is not practicing.

Isaiah Hastings - No specifics on his injury.

Aaron Anderson - (minor knee) Should return in a few weeks.

Earl Little Jr - (Shoulder) Came to T-Town with the injury. Saban said they would fix it. He'll be out a while.

Jo Jo Earl - (Foot fracture) May be back by late October.

Tyler Harrell - (Sprained foot) No time table on return.
What about our transfer TE? He was looking good then seemed to get injured in the game.

Reactions: dtgreg

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Yea, he looked really good out there on those two plays then I saw the injury play. Hope it is nothing because dude really looked like a weapon.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LSU lineman says "hi."

I hate it for him but with the tears he was shedding on the sideline last night after he changed to street clothes I figure that means he's done for the season. Crazy, freak accident!
Once in an NFL game I was watching, a receiver who just scored and another player went up for a flying high five. They missed. The player going forward into the EZ fell on his face. However, the receiver went backwards in the air awkwardly, landing on his back with his right leg doubled under him - blown ACL, out for the season...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Another good reason not to drink at the game! I'm not a big drinker -- occasional glass of wine -- but it was all around at our tent on the quad. I deliberately did not imbibe so as to be alert during the game. Glad I did...although I do think I drank enough water and LeCroix to float a battle ship. This was the hottest game I've seen in quite a while...much hotter than 95 in Charleston, SC where at least we have a breeze blowing fairly consistently.
Where you were, the restrooms are handy. They're not in most of the stadium - one reason I don't drink at games...

Reactions: Padreruf

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
On his second reception, he took a hit and he exited gingerly. I thought he might have gotten the wind knocked out of him OR took a shot to the jewels.
My impression was the latter. Seemed like, after the hit and the way he walked off the field, he was most likely moved from baritone to tenor with the team glee club.

• Haha
Reactions: BamaMoon

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
A lot to like about how the team looks. My main concern right now would be if a power running game can develop. I don't really like the idea of Bryce doing too much running, and even Gibbs is a better weapon in open space. So, I'd like to see the offensive line develop a bit more and someone emerge who can grind out some yards up the middle a little more effectively.

Otherwise though this is a pretty dangerous looking team.
BRob was the last of the big-bodied RBs. Don't know why we've gone away from that.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I thought I heard them say during the game that Roydell Williams weighed 225. That's pretty hefty. One roster list I found said he weighs 212.
Yeah, he is somewhat of a power runner, I guess. Kind of reminds me of Ingram.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.