Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Pregame Thread - Bama vs. Canes (Sept. 4, 2:30PM, ABC) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I need to view more defensive schematics but my perception is that spread offenses attempt to attack defenses by getting an ILB and OLB linebacker in no man's land covering a tight end and/or back in pass coverage and attacking it with a QB draw up the middle or a running back off the edge to the short side of the field. We did see the defense be vulnerable off the edge at times over the last couple of seasons. I expect the speed and quickness of To'o To'o to make a big difference in how successful teams can be in the spread. My concern about the defense is an obvious one. A replacement for Barmore to provide push up the middle.
that's a big reason we play nickel more than anything else, and why our OLBs are much more like Edge defenders / DEs than anything else. They might sometimes drop into coverage, but not that often, and that's why it's typically an OLB who will come off the field to make room for the STAR DB coming on in nickel.

Edge containment for us is either an OLB playing an Edge role or a DE depending on the package and how we are aligned (3 bigs and 1 OLB versus 2 bigs and 2 OLBs - either way all 4 of the players are usually lined up on the LOS)

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and UAH

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The one thing the talking heads keep mentioning is running QB’s giving us problems. No doubt King is a great running QB with a good arm but last years defense played arguably one of the best offenses with Justin Fields at the helm and we limited them to 26.

Take away P. Surtain and Barmore but substitute that with another year of experience, Henry T. and I just don’t see Miami scoring more than Ohio State did. Roll Tide!
I keep seeing articles like "Why this Miami team might catch Bama sleeping" and "Dont sleep on this Miami team"................Many would love to see Bama slip and fall, and think inexperience will catch up, but I say dont sleep on this Bama team. I'm sure they hear everything negative said about them, and I look for them to come out with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Always enjoy these guys take on games since I found them:

Especially like Brett's take:

When you Google "Alabama Miami" four of the first few suggested articles were going out of their way to tell us why 'Alabama may struggle against Miami' which makes me think the Hurricanes have no chance.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Always enjoy these guys take on games since I found them:

Especially like Brett's take:

When you Google "Alabama Miami" four of the first few suggested articles were going out of their way to tell us why 'Alabama may struggle against Miami' which makes me think the Hurricanes have no chance.
I’m sure Miami has read it all and are coming in with a chip and some swagger......but I look for Bama to come in with a business like attitude and ready to fight. Bama will Be ready

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
I think that we will come out and look out of sorts on offense at first.
Defense is gonna show out from the get go.
As the first quarter wears on the offense will start to click and at that point there will be no hope for the Canes.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I think that we will come out and look out of sorts on offense at first.
Defense is gonna show out from the get go.
As the first quarter wears on the offense will start to click and at that point there will be no hope for the Canes.
That's my sense of it too. Competitive for the first quarter and a half or so, then Bama's better talent and depth wear Miami down. Of course I wouldn't mind if we have a fully operational Death Star from the opening snap!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Is it wrong that I am still annoyed that Bama was never given proper credit for ending "The U's" Dynasty?

It is always a good day when the tropical storms get their butts whupped, especially by Bama.
Someone messed around and allowed them to get good again in the early 2000s and people forgot. They need to be reminded.

I'm also miffed how we started the turnover chain, and yet Miami gets the credit for it because they are loudmouth hacks.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Someone messed around and allowed them to get good again in the early 2000s and people forgot. They need to be reminded.

I'm also miffed how we started the turnover chain, and yet Miami gets the credit for it because they are loudmouth hacks.
How about the sideline tent, patented by us? I think all of our licensees should have to have a Bama logo on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.