Bama Game Thread: Official Pregame Thread - Bama vs Georgia, Mar 6, 1:00 PM CST CBS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, we already won the SEC so how do we approach games like this? Rest and get everyone healthy which could invite rust or keep going? The way the team has played recently, I’m not sure what would be best.
Keep going. These two games are the kinds of games that if they play well, play hard, we could get to a stage of the game where we can unload the bench.
I think the potential pluses from resting guys would be offset by the rust that would ensue. Just keep dancing with who got you here.

Reactions: GP for Bama

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Well, we already won the SEC so how do we approach games like this? Rest and get everyone healthy which could invite rust or keep going? The way the team has played recently, I’m not sure what would be best.
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't know the extent of physical issues and injuries with the various players but I'm sure the coaches are giving rest vs playing some consideration for each impacted player.

There is a need to win in order to be in a better seeding position in the NCAA tournament. Also, the players seem to still be learning and improving from play even this late in the season. I've seen improvement in offense over the last several games (in decision making at least even though the shots haven't been dropping).

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree. The problem is that A&M has missed about 8 games. They owe about everybody a game.
lol and they owe some teams two games. It sucks, they really got hit hard. Just surprised how they were not able to get a handle on the COVID situation there. Now the ice storm debacle was something entirely different

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Playing UGA did wonders for our shooting touch a few weeks ago, maybe it will happen again today.
Roll 'em, Tide.

Reactions: bamamoss2

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Btw, why is Duke even on the bubble? If we had their record would we be? They are 11-10, and shouldn’t even be being discussed.
Same for Michigan State, currently in the Last Four In group. They are 14-11 overall and 8-11 in conference play. We'd never get in with that record. The answer is twofold: coach's reputation and committee bias.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Same for Michigan State, currently in the Last Four In group. They are 14-11 overall and 8-11 in conference play. We'd never get in with that record. The answer is twofold: coach's reputation and committee bias.
Illinois is ranked #4 with arguably a less impressive resume than us the Big10 is getting a lot of love this year.

ETA. Gonzaga beat some Big10 teams early on and have been playing little sisters of the poor since. I think they get bounced in the 16 round.

Reactions: TideEngineer08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.