Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Pregame Thread - Bama vs. UGA, Monday, January 10, 7:00 PM, ESPN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Bill Hancock, on having the event in Indianapolis:

"We thought, why does the postseason have to be just in Southern towns, why not in a northern town?"

While I will concede that this town has done a good hosting the event, my response to him would be, "because we prefer our testicles un-frozen?"...

There are much better ways to sell the location than making it a North versus South thing...
Is he and those like him really this ignorant? They have always been held in the south or west because of winter climate. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s the same reason Super Bowls are rarely held up north. The same reason bowl games began in Pasadena and then southern cities. Climate in the winter.***

***yes I am aware of hellacious ice storms in Dallas. Those aren’t the norm, however.

Reactions: dtgreg and B1GTide

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Is he and those like him really this ignorant? They have always been held in the south or west because of winter climate. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s the same reason Super Bowls are rarely held up north. The same reason bowl games began in Pasadena and then southern cities. Climate in the winter.***

***yes I am aware of hellacious ice storms in Dallas. Those aren’t the norm, however.
When he said it everyone around me just groaned. "We wanted to expose the north to college football championships." He said that....with his mouth.

Kinda funny, but the one thing all the fans here seem to agree on is, "why are we here freezing to death."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
When he said it everyone around me just groaned. "We wanted to expose the north to college football championships." He said that....with his mouth.

Kinda funny, but the one thing all the fans here seem to agree on is, "why are we here freezing to death."
Lol on one hand that sounds like “we want to allow these northern teams to see what championship football looks like since they so rarely play it themselves.”

Actually, that’s probably exactly what he meant.:unsure:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
37-31 Bama was my first thought Tonight . Not as confident as the SEC game , BUT till confident. Georgia radio is reporting 70/30 Georgia fan mix in Indy

Reactions: B1GTide

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
37-31 Bama was my first thought Tonight . Not as confident as the SEC game , BUT till confident. Georgia radio is reporting 70/30 Georgia fan mix in Indy
I thought our fans traveled well. I guess they didn't want to brave the cold.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That is what I have been hearing as well. I have also heard it is more like 90/10 uga outside the stadium.

Keep in mind it was that way in 2017/2018 too.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Strangely at peace going in to this game; I guess because most of the year I never expected to be here. Questioned whether we were good enough, mature enough. Which is O.K.; given our past successes and what we lost from last year. Don't get me wrong; I want a win; BAD. I want to beat Kirby and Gawga and keep the string alive. And; I BELIEVE WE WILL. ROLL TIDE!!

Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.