BREAKING Official: Texas hires Alabama OC Steve Sarkisian as head coach

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If by chance Sark does turn down the job, it should be a major embarrassment and prove what an absolute failure the current sports media machine has become.

Every single journalist I follow has already jumped on this story. Even though there has been no confirmation from either side, every single one of them is reporting it like it’s an absolute done deal. Sure, most are still hedging it with words like “allegedly” or “reportedly”, but everyone is rushing to report a completely unconfirmed rumor to get their share of clicks. It’s crap like this, especially from legitimate journalists that I trust, that drives me nuts.

Maybe they are proven to be right. But the finality of the reporting is really rubbing me the wrong way.
This is the state of media in general these days.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If by chance Sark does turn down the job, it should be a major embarrassment and prove what an absolute failure the current sports media machine has become.

Every single journalist I follow has already jumped on this story. Even though there has been no confirmation from either side, every single one of them is reporting it like it’s an absolute done deal. Sure, most are still hedging it with words like “allegedly” or “reportedly”, but everyone is rushing to report a completely unconfirmed rumor to get their share of clicks. It’s crap like this, especially from legitimate journalists that I trust, that drives me nuts.

Maybe they are proven to be right, and maybe it’s just me, but the finality of how this is being reporting is really rubbing me the wrong way.
I found it funny that Herbie was the only one questioning it. Rumors burned him once and he was the only one that even questioned it. Although Rece was hesitant and did say multiple "sources" were saying it was a done deal.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I would think that with the FIRING of Herman, the tu AD already has their man. I don't think they would have FIRED Herman if they did not have the man who's already agreed to a contract. If it's Sark, I'd ask for $10 million a year for 10 years with a $200 million arrogance tu BUYOUT. tu can't let little Albarn beat them in BUYOUTS. Sark would be set for the rest of his life with that contract. Sark, make sure you have a good agent and lawyer, because I know several ut grad lawyers who will try to make that Big Buyout = $000,000,000.00.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I think Sark is not going. Money is nice, but he is making plenty now and Texas could kill his career. Sark knows that.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Maybe they are proven to be right, and maybe it’s just me, but the finality of how this is being reporting is really rubbing me the wrong way.
Or is this Texas being Texas releasing the information before the details were finalized, and Sark decided not to take the job? That would be a very Texas like thing to do, hubris and trying to force Sark's hand in addition to justifying firing Herman.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Matt Barrie did say a few minutes ago that Texas has called a Zoom press conference for later this afternoon. Their AD has already released a lengthy statement on firing Herman, so I’d be very surprised if it’s just to reiterate that.

They’re getting ready to announce something.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Matt Barrie did say a few minutes ago that Texas has called a Zoom press conference for later this afternoon. Their AD has already released a lengthy statement on firing Herman, so I’d be very surprised if it’s just to reiterate that.

So, are they announcing it after the Ole Miss game? Hmmmmmm. Kiffin? I do think Kiffin would be a better Texas coach than anyone else that's available.

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Is it ironic to anyone else that Bama pulled so many top recruits out of Texas this year, and now Texas may take out top assistant?

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I can’t imagine Sarkisian turning the job down. What job is going to come up over the next year or two that’s better? Plus, he’s at his peak right now as OC. It’s possible that his star might not be as shiny in a year or so.

I get that the Texas job is not only a pressure cooker, but a glass bowl as well. However, every man thinks they can do the job that others couldn’t. Sarkisian is no different. I don’t want him to leave, but I Understand why he would. The timing just sucks.

Reactions: Al A Bama

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Texas PTB: "Nah, we were just kidding about firing Herman. He's still our man! Questions, please."

Chip Brown: How disappointed was Sark when you told him he just wasn't the right fit for the job and decided to go back with Herman?

Texas PTB: He was very disappointed but he wasn't ready to lead a big time program and offense like Texas.

That's all questions for today folks. Thanks and Hook'em

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Well, happy that hes landing such a high profile job, I have a hard time thinking it's going to work only because Texas has a habit of getting in the way of their own success.

Seems like he should have talked to one of our current staff members about that one ...
That staff member's bank account may be all be needed to see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.