Not open for further replies.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

UTX and OU Joint Statement said:
The University of Texas at Austin and The University of Oklahoma notified the Big 12 Athletic Conference today that they will not be renewing their grants of media rights following expiration in 2025. Providing notice to the Big 12 at this point is important in advance of the expiration of the conference's current media rights agreement. The universities intend to honor their existing grant of rights agreements. However, both universities will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving collegiate athletics landscape as they consider how best to position their athletics programs for the future.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
The crazy part of this story is that the other Big12 schools have reportedly agreed to offer UTX & OU each 1.5 shares of revenue splits and give up enough of their own to make that happen. THIS is why UTX & OU can do what they've been doing . However, that' ain't gonna happen in the SEC so they better understand we don't play that game here.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The crazy part of this story is that the other Big12 schools have reportedly agreed to offer UTX & OU each 1.5 shares of revenue splits and give up enough of their own to make that happen. THIS is why UTX & OU can do what they've been doing . However, that' ain't gonna happen in the SEC so they better understand we don't play that game here.
Yes I tried to explain that in the vote thread. Texas does what it does because it can. This is important. Nebraska threw its weight around just as strongly and arrogantly as Texas ever did. This has not happened in the Big Ten. They've been vocal, but they've been rebuked and they shut their traps.

The rest of these Big 12 teams are enablers. In a way, I cannot blame them. They know how this all ends.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Are you saying OU/UT to the SEC is not actually settled?
Yes. Until they get the invite and sign we really don’t know. From Ive been gathering this move is more Oklahoma than Texas driving it. Oklahoma wants totally out of the Fox contract and out now. I just wonder if the ACC has the guts to buyout the contract and get them out next year.

If we hear something from the SEC within the next 48 then this is over, otherwise it’s likely that Oklahoma and Texas are entertaining offers.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The rest of these Big 12 teams are enablers. In a way, I cannot blame them. They know how this all ends.
I can't blame them either really. In fact, those two top dogs are so important to the conference that the rest may decide to drag this out as long as possible for the $$$ and more time to attempt to convince them to stay.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Oklahoma fans around the country rejoice as they won’t have to watch marquee Sooner games with crust in their eyes anymore.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yes. Until they get the invite and sign we really don’t know. From Ive been gathering this move is more Oklahoma than Texas driving it. Oklahoma wants totally out of the Fox contract and out now. I just wonder if the ACC has the guts to buyout the contract and get them out next year.

If we hear something from the SEC within the next 48 then this is over, otherwise it’s likely that Oklahoma and Texas are entertaining offers.
I go back to the point of, if they are moving, do you really want to be the conference that missed out? I would have hoped the SEC already had all of this under wraps long before the news broke last week. If we miss out on UT/OU, depending on who gets them, does that hurt the SEC in the long term? I think if the Big Ten gets them then we risk falling behind that conference. How important is that? I don't know necessarily. I fear it could be and that's why I've been willing to accept this despite the nature of UT.

If the ACC grabs them somehow, I kind of shrug. To me, that would just bring them up to par. Now, if that move convinces Notre Dame to join fully, then maybe the ACC becomes a legit power player.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I go back to the point of, if they are moving, do you really want to be the conference that missed out? I would have hoped the SEC already had all of this under wraps long before the news broke last week. If we miss out on UT/OU, depending on who gets them, does that hurt the SEC in the long term? I think if the Big Ten gets them then we risk falling behind that conference. How important is that? I don't know necessarily. I fear it could be and that's why I've been willing to accept this despite the nature of UT.

If the ACC grabs them somehow, I kind of shrug. To me, that would just bring them up to par. Now, if that move convinces Notre Dame to join fully, then maybe the ACC becomes a legit power player.
Honestly I think what both want to happen is for the others to get offers and the majority of the big XII agrees to an early dissolution at the end of the 2022 season where no one has to pay the buyout. I still think the SEC is probably getting both but like I said we really need to hear from the SEC.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Honestly I think what both want to happen is for the others to get offers and the majority of the big XII agrees to an early dissolution at the end of the 2022 season where no one has to pay the buyout. I still think the SEC is probably getting both but like I said we really need to hear from the SEC.
Yes and unfortunately I'm not sure that's going to happen.

What does Kansas/Iowa State really add to the Big Ten? The only thing I can see is KU basketball. But how big is that really?

The Pac 12 may be getting raided by the Big Ten. Perhaps in that case the remaining Big 12 and Pac 12 teams can band together and form a new conference. I'm not sure how that affects the Big 12 buyouts.

In any event, I just do not feel this is going to be so nice and tidy. People are now in survival mode.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Yes and unfortunately I'm not sure that's going to happen.

What does Kansas/Iowa State really add to the Big Ten? The only thing I can see is KU basketball. But how big is that really?

The Pac 12 may be getting raided by the Big Ten. Perhaps in that case the remaining Big 12 and Pac 12 teams can band together and form a new conference. I'm not sure how that affects the Big 12 buyouts.

In any event, I just do not feel this is going to be so nice and tidy. People are now in survival mode.
Without Iowa State and Kansas, Osborne couldn’t have inflated his win total. So there’s that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.