Oh Cuomo

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just heard the news. Sad anytime someone in this important of a position has to step down before their term ends. Nature of the beast, I suppose.

New York is an amazing state.

Best wishes to the folks in New York going forward.......

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Whatever, IMO it is never sad when sexual predators get caught and have to face the consequences.
I agree with what you said - a sexual predator getting justice and consequences in and of itself - is not sad.

I was speaking in the larger sense - sad that someone of such a high position in such a large state leaves under disgraceful circumstances.

Cause for celebration, sadness, or something in between?

Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree with what you said - a sexual predator getting justice and consequences in and of itself - is not sad.

I was speaking in the larger sense - sad that someone of such a high position in such a large state leaves under disgraceful circumstances.

Celebrate justice, but we just had a president stay in office who did worse and was almost reelected, so clearly this stuff doesn't bother republicans.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I’m not surprised Cuomo resigned, but I am surprised he did it so fast.
The writing was pretty much on the wall. I think he got lots of advice from his legal team that changed things just yesterday and last night. At this point it's all about damage control and saving face.

Also, from what I understand - he cannot be impeached now - which means he can still run for office again, if he chooses. Gives him options.

It's also my opinion nothing will come of any criminal indictments. I could be wrong - just my opinion he will skate on those.....

Civil - I don't know - maybe Earle can chime in with his expertise.....

Reactions: Padreruf

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The writing was pretty much on the wall. I think he got lots of advice from his legal team that changed things just yesterday and last night. At this point it's all about damage control and saving face.

Also, from what I understand - he cannot be impeached now - which means he can still run for office again, if he chooses. Gives him options.

It's also my opinion nothing will come of any criminal indictments. I could be wrong - just my opinion he will skate on those.....

Civil - I don't know - maybe Earle can chime in with his expertise.....
I don't claim any expertise in that field, but in a he-said, she-said case, it'll probably perk along to a confidential settlement...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Whether CNN keeps Chris Cuomo or not will say a lot about its dedication to avoiding conflicts of interest.

Not saying Fox doesn’t also cross the line. So for both Fox and CNN, if you’re going to claim moral superiority, it needs to be via logic other than, “They do it too!”

Are you better than the other guys? Or are you merely less bad…mainly because your own motives are just and righteous, whereas the opposition is immoral and evil?

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Just heard the news. Sad anytime someone in this important of a position has to step down before their term ends. Nature of the beast, I suppose.

New York is an amazing state.

Best wishes to the folks in New York going forward.......
Not Really!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Whether CNN keeps Chris Cuomo or not will say a lot about its dedication to avoiding conflicts of interest.

Not saying Fox doesn’t also cross the line. So for both Fox and CNN, if you’re going to claim moral superiority, it needs to be via logic other than, “They do it too!”

Are you better than the other guys? Or are you merely less bad…mainly because your own motives are just and righteous, whereas the opposition is immoral and evil?
I disagree - a reporter can simply not be asked to weigh in on matters which create a conflict of interest. You don't fire everyone in the news industry who has a stake in something that becomes a hot news item.

Don't care one way or the other about this specific person - just talking about the industry as a whole.

ETA - unless you are saying that CC is a part of the story and that they are not reporting on him. I don't watch CNN, so wouldn't know what is happening on that front.

Reactions: Bamaro

DanoCanuck

3rd Team
Feb 5, 2020

This will be an interesting time for CNN. I believe their president is retiring soon and he may not want to make any big changes but the network is hemorrhaging. Cuomos show is constantly clobbered by Rachel Maddow with only a third of her audience. In the evening hours CNN is running third and second isn't close. Add in this unsavory situation with his brother and knowing he's in the middle of a political disgrace makes him untenable.

CNN should not be playing second fiddle to MSNBC considering their distribution far exceeds any news outlet. There's no way the decision makers can stand pat on their lineup. I would expect the new president to be making wholesale changes and Cuomo is likely in the crosshairs.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

Once he steps down NY will have their first ever female Governor. I am sure there are some people that think that is reason to celebrate.

Reactions: Bazza

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.