2013 Recruiting: *** OL Grant Hill Commits to Alabama ***

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
This is a good free post from another site I wanted to pass along."This fall I went to Huntsville to see Cameron Toney shortly after Alabama had offered him. Even though I came to see Toney, I left really impressed with Grant Hill.
Kudos to Shane Youngblood for alerting me to him before the game but he would've been easy to spot had Shane not mentioned him.
The kid is absolutely massive. He's the type of kid that you don't even really realize how big he is because he's well-proportioned and everything is thick. In other words, he doesn't look as long as he really is. He's almost like a square cube of a human being. Big tree trunk legs, big hands, a barrell chest.
He's extremely strong, manhandles opponents but most impressive to me was his ability to bend at the knees, keep his back flat, show great flexibility.
He's a phenomenal thrower in track which takes a lot of coordination and athleticism and that shines through on the football field.
To me, he's just a country-strong kid that has a chance to be a real stalwart on the offensive line.
When I took his picture after the game, he couldn't even figure out why I wanted to take a picture. I don't think he is that in tune with the national recruiting coverage and that kind of thing. He's just a strong tough kid that blocks what you put in front of him."

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
So.. this class is already halfway full and we're not even done with February yet... sigh... guess we should start focusing on the 2014 class ;)

Welcome aboard!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Welcome to the Capstone, Grant. You will be carrying on a long tradition of Huntsville High Panther lineman coming to the University.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Yep, very important pickup here. Hill was a must have at an obvious position of need for us. Welcome aboard Grant!!!! RTR!!! :BigA:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I thought he was going to wait a while longer. His head coach was wanting him to take several visits first. I'm glad he's in the fold already.
with the SEC limits, the lack of ability to backcount since we signed a full class in 2012, and the lack of seniors this year, we may be under the 25 and space is going to fill up fast....... even for the elite. I'm not sure we'll be able to "hold" many spots this year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Loved a writer comment on another thread....

"Saban is a recruiting machine and he's greedy. He thinks playing for the national title is what you do on days you're not recruiting"

Welcome Mr. Hill.

:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.