OL Pierce Quick entering the transfer portal.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That’s very concerning considering the near mutiny at wide receiver we had.

I can’t say that I blame him given the product on the field and the unwillingness to give him a shot.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That’s very concerning considering the near mutiny at wide receiver we had.

I can’t say that I blame him given the product on the field and the unwillingness to give him a shot.
I don't know about all that. Maybe we don't know the psyche of this group like Coach. If dude wants to bolt then I wish him well.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Article mentions other transfers coming, and the timing seems odd. Quick came in with Paul Tyson from HTHS. I’m thinking maybe Tyson is going also.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Likely want be the last. Happens every season since the transfer portal aka college free agency came about. We will lose some but as we have seen we will also get some.

Reactions: The Ols

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I have a feeling that we may see more than just a few hit the portal after the end of the season. As I mentioned last night in the game thread, I think there are problems we may not know about, and one of them could be issues with individual players' attitudes and buy-in. I have no special connections but what we are seeing happen on the field the past few weeks with our talent level and just a modicum of decent coaching boggles the mind. With our roster we should be mowing teams down, especially in what looks like a very down year in the conference.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I watched one of our portal hoppers start at tackle for State Thursday night against Ole Miss. He made a believer out of me concerning why he wasn’t playing at Bama. Of course, he was the only participant in that game that owned a CFP championship ring.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Article mentions other transfers coming, and the timing seems odd. Quick came in with Paul Tyson from HTHS. I’m thinking maybe Tyson is going also.
Given that Tyson got pulled after the botch hold on the field goal yesterday, I wouldn’t be surprised. Another year or two behind Bryce and Milroe and possibly Simpson, cannot blame him for entertaining the option.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
As I said in another post, kinda makes you wonder how accurate these rating services claim to be. If he was the #40 player in the country and cannot crack the lineup with the current lack of talent in the OL then perhaps he and Tyson were vastly overrated to begin with. I expect an inordinate number of transfers in this offseason.

Reactions: jasongilbert69

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.