OL play versus UGA DL/Front 7

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I'm like most where has this been, the o- line played one heck of a game, with a gimpy running back and one who hasn't played much I thought we ran it pretty well, and gave Bryce majority of the time to throw kudos to them

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It looks to me like Georgia's D-Line, as touted as they are, are good run stoppers but not much at putting out a serious pass rush. Georgia didn't get a lot of pass rush unless they sent their linebackers too. Our O-Line accepted the challenge and played their best game of the year.
No question about that. IMO it was the difference in the game. Bryce is a killer if you can give him a little time.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Fantastic job by the OL today! Also glad we finally decided to run some quick developing pass plays.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
It looks to me like Georgia's D-Line, as touted as they are, are good run stoppers but not much at putting out a serious pass rush. Georgia didn't get a lot of pass rush unless they sent their linebackers too. Our O-Line accepted the challenge and played their best game of the year.
yup roman harper read it right

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
Defies logic really. How does our weakest position group become the strongest group in the game vs the opposing team's strongest group. I wish we were underdogs in every game.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I said it in the game thread: Chris Owens seems to come up big on the championship stage - center in the CFP last year and RT today. He played very well today and am super happy for him!

A big ups to McLaughlin as well - wasn't this his first start? Heck of a thing to come into an SEC championship and call the O line signals against that UGA front 7.

If Pendry did indeed consult he needs to consult more!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Makes me wonder if my thought that we didn't prepare for AU but spent most of the week preparing for UGA isn't correct...
CNS addressed that and said no way, that as HC he had never done it. Said that when he was an assistant at Ohio State that they would practice every day vs Mich, but he disagreed with that approach.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Someone asked the question, and I believe we should talk about it. Where did THAT come from?! They played very well. It was at minimum a stalemate, actually looked like they outplayed them. What are your thoughts?

Shout out to them! Wow!
I asked the question, but I don't really care to know the answer. I do know this, though: Coach Saban came through yet again.

:cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.