JessN: Ole Miss @ Alabama Game Preview: As long as Kiffin roams the OM sidelines, this will be a minefield game

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Ole Miss preview: As long as Kiffin roams the OM sidelines, this will be a minefield game
By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

There’s an excellent article this week on ESPN.com that takes a deep dive into the Nick Saban-Lane Kiffin relationship, Kiffin’s history as Alabama’s offensive coordinator from 2014-2016, and Kiffin’s unique personality and makeup – sort of a court trickster coupled with Oscar Madison, multiplied by the mind-workings of a savant.

After reading it, you have a pretty good understanding of why Nick Saban hired Kiffin in the first place. You also gain a clear understanding of what happened to cause last year’s near-disaster in Oxford, and you’ll probably never again be comfortable when Alabama has to face Kiffin in any kind of competitive matchup.

CONTINUE READING

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
While I do agree that this will be a minefield game as long as Kiffin stays at Ole Miss, the question remains: how long does Kiffin stay at Ole Miss. Ole Miss is a stepping stone job and I wonder if a better job comes calling this off-season.

With that said, I have more faith that Bama defense can make stops against Kiffin's offense, especially in Tuscaloosa, than I do with Ole Miss getting stops against Bama.

44-27, sounds about right.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Blue chip stuff, as always, Jess.

Interestingly, given Kiffin's recent chirping about Alabama resorting to free agency signings by way of the transfer portal, I lost count of how many times I saw the word "transfer" in your incisive analysis when reading about Ole Miss' units as they compare to Alabama's...

Was it not Shakespeare who had something poignant to say about those who protest too much...

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!