"On his first day on the job Tuesday, he stepped into a minefield." (Sark at Texas)

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Texas welcomes back Vince Young with open arms, despite his past performance, almost certainly solely because of his previous affiliation. Meanwhile, they rescind the hiring of Mike Stoops, despite despite his past performance, almost certainly solely because of his previous affiliation.

They’re consistent, but dysfunctionally so...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Texas welcomes back Vince Young with open arms, despite his past performance, almost certainly solely because of his previous affiliation. Meanwhile, they rescind the hiring of Mike Stoops, despite despite his past performance, almost certainly solely because of his previous affiliation.

They’re consistent, but dysfunctionally so...
It's possible Young had some type of wrongful termination action against UT and they created a unnecessary position in the AD office for him. I hope he's sober and is going to be an asset to the AD. What interaction he will have with the football program is not mentioned.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Is he on Sark's staff?
You’re assuming it’s Sark’s staff. “The Staff,” is clearly controlled by someone (or several someones) else.

So, in the sense of asking whether Sark controls his own staff, the answer is no.

Sark has seen the benefits of a HC having unquestioned control over all aspects of the program. He’s experiencing first-hand what it’s like for the program to be controlled by people whose only football qualification is the ability and willingness to write big checks.

I see this ending before Sark’s contract is up, and not well for either him or UTw.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You’re assuming it’s Sark’s staff. “The Staff,” is clearly controlled by someone (or several someones) else.

So, in the sense of asking whether Sark controls his own staff, the answer is no.

Sark has seen the benefits of a HC having unquestioned control over all aspects of the program. He’s experiencing first-hand what it’s like for the program to be controlled by people whose only football qualification is the ability and willingness to write big checks.

I see this ending before Sark’s contract is up, and not well for either him or UTw.
You missed my point - he is working for the AD and is not on the football staff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.