GA News: OnlineAthens - ILB Tim Kimbrough offers more explanation for his parting with UGA foo

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
August 11th, 2016 09:14 AM

Georgia inside linebacker Tim Kimbrough on Thursday took to social media to portray his parting with the program as something that was out of his hands.
“I didn’t have a choice to stay at Georgia,” the senior tweeted.
He told the Associated Press that coach Kirby Smart "told me he was going to kick me off the team or I had to transfer." That happened after he left practice for a non-injury related reason.
Georgia issued a statement from Smart Thursday afternoon: "Based on a mutual decision between Tim and I, he will no longer be a part of our football program. We wish him the best as he continues his education and playing career."
Kimbrough indicated a fallout with the Bulldogs coaching staff.
He had four different position coaches at Georgia: Kirk Olivadotti (2013), Mike Ekeler (2014-15), Kevin Sherrer (for TaxSlayer Bowl after Ekeler left) and Glenn Schumann (2016).
“I had 4 different sets of coaches while I was there and I was good with each coaching staff,” Kimbrough tweeted. “Idk (I don’t know) what happened this year.”
Smart said Wednesday that Kimbrough wasn’t at practice due to a “little leave of absence right now,” but declined further comment.
Kimbrough indicated he will transfer to a lower level to play his final college season.
“I have to go to a D2 school so I can play this year.. I'm not sitting out this year,” he tweeted.
He asked presumably for coaches to direct message him “for more info.”
Kimbrough’s father told the Athens Banner-Herald on Wednesday night that his son “made a decision to leave in his best interest.” Kimbrough was suspended for the bowl game last season for an undisclosed reason and missed practice time this spring due to academic concerns, but his father said this is not related to academics.
The Bulldogs will now enter the season having lost their top four tacklers from 2015 in inside linebacker Jake Ganus, outside linebacker Leonard Floyd, Kimbrough and outside linebacker Jordan Jenkins.
Kimbrough, from Indianapolis, was third with 67 tackles last season but wasn't working with the starting unit in the preseason.
"In the spring I earned my starting job," Kimbrough told the AP.
Georgia’s top inside linebackers now are Reggie Carter, Natrez Patrick and Roquan Smith, but they’ve combined for only three starts. Juwan Taylor, Ryne Rankin and freshman Jaleel Laguins are also at the position.
Kimbrough will follow safety Jonathan Abram (junior college), running back A.J. Turman (Florida Atlantic) and offensive lineman Jake Edwards (Georgia Southern) in transferring since Smart was hired,

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.