GA News: OnlineAthens - Smart: No 'rash' decisions on possible suspensions for Rochester, Clay

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
April 12th, 2016 07:44 PM

Julian Rochester and Chad Clay seem likely to return to practice Thursday, but Georgia football coach Kirby Smart didn’t offer much beyond that for how the freshmen will be disciplined.
Rochester, a defensive lineman, and Clay, a defensive back, were each arrested on two felony charges after police allege they damaged property by shooting a BB gun in their dorm.
“This conduct will not be tolerated and these guys will be punished at the appropriate time and at the appropriate manner,” Smart said after practice Tuesday.
Asked if there will be a suspension, Smart said he couldn’t say because he’s still gathering information and it’s not clear-cut.
“It’s hard to say,” Smart said. “We’re not making any rash…quick decisions. We’ve got to see this whole thing through, find everything out, talk to them, get to them and visit them.”
The early enrollees didn’t practice Tuesday afternoon after posting bond in the late morning after being booked overnight.
Smart said they had academic responsibilities to attend to instead of practice.
He said he didn’t know if they will play Saturday in the G-Day spring game.
“I don’t know that yet,” he said. “I can’t answer it.”
Defensive line depth would be further strained Saturday if Rochester is held out.
“I don’t even want to go there right now because I don’t know if that’s going to be the case,” Smart said.
Sophomore defensive lineman DaQuan Hawkins (knee) was in a non-contact jersey Tuesday and has recovered quickly, Smart said. He may play Saturday.

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.