Over or under .5 national championships in next 5 years

jjv0004

Bamanation Citizen
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
This is a serious question. I think the offense will remain as good or possibly get better under Young in the next few years. But, the defense has been in a steady decline for the last few years. For multiple reasons. Will Bama win a title in the next 5 years? Clemson isn't going anywhere (they might end up with 5 or 6 of the top 10 players this year), Ohio State is not slowing down, Georgia keeps recruiting (only Kirby's bad coaching has kept them from a title) and LSU has finally realized how to play offense. Might be tough to win another one.

rgw

Hall of Fame
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
why not ask over or under 1 because split national titles will not exist under this system?

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
Sylacauga,AL
In the playoff era I think anyone expecting more than 1 is just having a case of wishful thinking. I think we get 1, but even that maybe a stretch with the difficulty increase.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Over for sure.

I'm not overly confident our "best days are ahead of us" (given how good the days behind us are) but I don't think the program is "going anywhere" in the near future. We'll be in the national title mix every year as long as Saban is here and while Clemson and Ohio State will continue to be roadblocks I see no reason either program is better situated than we are.

LSU I fully expect to revert to the mean when they lose Burrow and Brady.

rgw

Hall of Fame
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he's just avoiding people saying "push" by essentially asking if we'll win one in the next five years.
Well I think 1 title in the next 5 years is the most reasonable optimistic answer. I refuse to have words put in my mouth by stating "over" so I will refuse to participate! :D

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I want Saban to win 1 more National Title before he retires so he can surpass Bear Bryant.

I hope that is in the next few years, but with competition increasing in schedule and recruiting, it will be more difficult than it has been.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Saban could go to Miss State and win a championship in the next 5 years. At Alabama? :biggrin:

This question is another version of, has the game passed Saban by.

Latest threads