Passport Wait Times

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Anyone on here gotten a Passport recently. If so, how many weeks did it take to come in after applying for it? My date to leave the country is June 10th. Just waiting on my certified birth certificate to arrive.

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
I just sent off for a renewal (2/28). I need it by May, so paid for expedited - probably unnecessary, but I didn't want to risk it. Not sure if a renewal is faster/slower than a new one.

The State Department cashed my check on 3/7 - a week after I mailed it - so at least I know they're working on it. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Last year we got our kids' passports for the first time. We mailed the app in on April 2 and received them on May 6th, and we didn't pay for expedited. That seems CRAZY fast to me, so maybe it was a fluke (I wouldn't count on it taking only 5 weeks).

The State Department's website currently shows these times:
Routine - 8 to 11 weeks (our experience last spring was only 5 weeks)
Expedited - 5 to 7 weeks

Reactions: CrimsonBloodn62

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
I just sent off for a renewal (2/28). I need it by May, so paid for expedited - probably unnecessary, but I didn't want to risk it. Not sure if a renewal is faster/slower than a new one.

The State Department cashed my check on 3/7 - a week after I mailed it - so at least I know they're working on it. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Last year we got our kids' passports for the first time. We mailed the app in on April 2 and received them on May 6th, and we didn't pay for expedited. That seems CRAZY fast to me, so maybe it was a fluke (I wouldn't count on it taking only 5 weeks).

The State Department's website currently shows these times:
Routine - 8 to 11 weeks (our experience last spring was only 5 weeks)
Expedited - 5 to 7 weeks
That is what worries me if I need to pay the extra fee to expedite or not. I’ve heard it is quite bit more to expedite.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
We just submitted everything this week for new passports for our kids. The clerk did tell us 8-12 weeks for standard service. We don't leave until July so plenty of time. If you send it next week you are probably fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.