Patriots at Bills

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I get that, but they still happened. The kickoff returns were crazy, but the Bills are the better team by a large margin and would have found a way to win, IMO.
Yeah and anyone who has watched both teams since 2020 knows that. The only question heading into the game was “how much do the Bills really care about the #2 seed”. At any point the Bills could have administered the back breaker to this embarrassment of a team but you wondered would they risk injury to do it.

Mac played okay. But when the Bills decided to really try he was out of his depth because the Patriots have an atrocious offense.

Reactions: B1GTide

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Agholor pick looked like he gave up early. The Henry pick was trying to get it all back at once, probably not the best decision.

I didn’t see the third.

Mac still plays pretty well, but you can tell he’s a little shell shocked from that offensive line. He bails to check downs very quickly on the hood plays, on the bad plays you can see him flip the ball down into security mode because he’s getting ready to get hit. He definitely played some very good football during this game, just not enough to Overcome two kickoff returns and Allen’s two ridiculous touchdown throws that only be Patrick can make.
That first pick, the WR definitely gave up early.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
2 were in desperation mode. 2 kick returns did them in.
Also, didn't a couple of them ricochet off the receiver? And one guy had a long pass hit him in the face.

Mac is not what I'd call a great QB at this point. He's a very good one though. But my goodness the Patriots as a team are terrible. Mahomes would also struggle on this team.

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Also, didn't a couple of them ricochet off the receiver? And one guy had a long pass hit him in the face.

Mac is not what I'd call a great QB at this point. He's a very good one though. But my goodness the Patriots as a team are terrible. Mahomes would also struggle on this team.
He had a deep pass for a first down hit the guy on the top of his face mask. I think Romo made some comment that made me roll my eyes on that one.

So yes, long pass for INT that the receiver gave up on early....long pass over the middle that hit the receiver in the face...one for a first down where the receiver kept running so it looked like the throw was behind him, but he was supposed to sit at the spot....if Mac had lead him a little the guy is probably in concussion protocol now.

The Pats OL and WRs are horrid.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Eagles game - I hope they win, Jalen just made a big mistake. Hope Giants don’t come back, down 13 with two minutes left, no timeouts and the ball on Eagles 30.
For JH, I hope they go all the way.
Giants just scored, if they recover onside kick this might get close.
1:38 left, eagles by 6 and receiving.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Mac didn’t have a great game but I quit watching when Buffalo was allowed to assault a WR in the end zone, never turned to the ball just mugged the guy, and no flag.

NE has an awful OL, 3rd rate WRs, and a seriously declined Belichick. I doubt seriously it turns around while he is there. Im sorry for Mac.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I seriously doubt it he's done in NE. How can he be done in NE with bad OL and WRS? They didn't put Mac in good position this year
Because the same few people who seem to know the pulse of the Patriots on the few message boards I frequent also say that BB has doubts about whether Jones is their QB for the future, and do not be surprised if they bring in another quarterback in the offseason. We'll see and I fully agree, that it is very hard to put much if any of the blame on Jones due to the atrocious OC move, pathetic OL performance, and limited talent at WR.

Apparently, one of the main issues is his arm strength and being able to make the necessary throws in New England, NY, and Buffalo when the weather turns cold and windy. BB has already commented publicly about Mac cannot throw the ball 55 yards in the air and that is why in the Raiders game they didn't try a hail mary. The head coach said that about his QB in public...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Mac threw 3 picks. How is that playing well?
One was just an overthrow into the end-zone while in desparation mode. The other two were directly caused by pressure. On the last one, Mac was hit from behind as he threw it to his check-down - the RB over the middle - causing the ball to be slightly behind the RB. In his attempt to try to catch the ball, he ended up just knocking the ball four or five yards into the air into the waiting arms of a defender.

Until those two, late INTs - Mac's passer rating was over 100. So, he was having a great game up to that point. Unfortunately, he started hearing footsteps late in the game for some odd reason. :-/

Reactions: Cruloc

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.