Former Saint's coach Sean Payton on his way to Denver!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This I can’t believe; Denver is a mess, gave away the farm for Wilson and now giving away the kids for Payton?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I mean - will they have any draft picks left for the next two years?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
As a Broncos fan I am stoked! That said I’m probably going to be ticked when they unload Jeudy and Surtain. Surtain is going to be commanding a small fortune and he’s one of my favorite players, but that’s likely how they will get draft picks. I’d love to unload Wilson. I was ticked when they traded for him. My wishes were for a trash year and use those picks to get Bryce. But hey, what do I know? I’m just a fan.

Reactions: major tidefan

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
As a Broncos fan I am stoked! That said I’m probably going to be ticked when they unload Jeudy and Surtain. Surtain is going to be commanding a small fortune and he’s one of my favorite players, but that’s likely how they will get draft picks. I’d love to unload Wilson. I was ticked when they traded for him. My wishes were for a trash year and use those picks to get Bryce. But hey, what do I know? I’m just a fan.
They paid Wilson so much dang money. I’m sure Payton knows what he’s doing, but there’s gonna have to be some magic to get really competitive in a couple of years; losing Jeudy and Surtain won’t make that easier.
Maybe he’s gearing up for a major rebuild. No draft picks and little salary space ain’t gonna make that easy. Would like to see those two go to contenders if they don’t stay in Denver.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
They paid Wilson so much dang money. I’m sure Payton knows what he’s doing, but there’s gonna have to be some magic to get really competitive in a couple of years; losing Jeudy and Surtain won’t make that easier.
Maybe he’s gearing up for a major rebuild. No draft picks and little salary space ain’t gonna make that easy. Would like to see those two go to contenders if they don’t stay in Denver.
Well one big difference between the new owners and past is that this crew will break out the checkbook BIGTIME. I’m far more confident that they are wanting to win and SP ain’t gonna wait around for a #1 pick by losing all their games.

Reactions: major tidefan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well one big difference between the new owners and past is that this crew will break out the checkbook BIGTIME. I’m far more confident that they are wanting to win and SP ain’t gonna wait around for a #1 pick by losing all their games.
This isn't MLB. Every owner spends every penny that they are allowed to spend in the NFL. It is about management.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
Then you got the Salary Cap issue, which when you sign a QB that is in his Waning Years to a Lottery Retirement Contract, doesn't leave much in the cookie jar to build a team with. Its like Denver's ownership group went to Texas A&M for advise on HOW TO SIGN THE WORST ONE SIDED CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENTS IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND.........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.