Penalty at the end of the half

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I have looked and did not see this anywhere.

JPW was tackled with 10 seconds remaining and the flag was thrown with 4 seconds remaining. (I reviewed it in detail with my DVR) So why did the clock not stop at 4 seconds and the penalty assessed instead of at the beginning of the 2nd half. As it turned out that flag did not hurt us but I was just wondering.

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA
yeah, that was wierd...nothing explained about it and no replay. does anyone know exactly what happened on the play?

i was surprised our safety didn't get a flag for his "can't see me" demonstration that was clearly seen on tv.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Post play foul against us . Had it been on Utah , there would've been another play .

R

rolltidescott

True enough, but the half was not over! Penalty should have been assesed at that point and not on the 2nd half kickoff!
I agree, but the officiating was 'spotty' at best.

Big picture was we got the turnover at the start of the second half, so it didn't hurt us.

Squirrely

All-SEC
Aug 31, 2008
Gainesville FL
Was it big 12 crew last night?

I think I heard that is was, and they have been spotty all year long in games played. They made some bad calls on both sides last night, and I hate bad officiating in games, but what ya to do........

:BigA: ROLL TIDE :BigA:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Maze was who was singled out . We had the ball .

JPW was tackled in the field of play so , the half ended just as it should have . If not for the rule , teams with the ball would just keep drawing flags until they hit a Hail Mary .

Last edited:

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
It may have been applied wrong, but the key to this is the fact there was a penalty anyway.

A sign of poor discipline and lack of focus and high frustration by a freshman.

Let's hope that the leaders(?) and coaches can get his attention and remind him how costly this can be in the future.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
It may have been applied wrong, but the key to this is the fact there was a penalty anyway.
It wasn't . JPW had been tackled in the field of play . See the reason as to why in my post above .

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
I was confused on the penalty. They called an "unnecessary roughness" after the play. Is there such a thing as necessary roughness after the play? :biggrin: I was expecting something like "unsportsmanlike conduct" that would have made more sense.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.